Knowledge puffs up, but love edifies. Verse Tool: show

God is Love and the Trinity

God, Christ, & The Holy Spirit

Re: God is Love and the Trinity

Postby mattrose » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:58 pm

For the purposes of this thread... I don't think it matters if we're talking binitarian or trinitarian (so I won't get into a defense of the personhood of the Holy Spirit here).

This thread is about, if I remember correctly, whether the phrase 'God is love' (speaking to the essence of God) makes sense in a unitarian construct. Personally, I don't think it does, but I recognize that many people don't find this argument convincing.
mattrose

Postby darinhouston » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:03 pm

mattrose wrote:For the purposes of this thread... I don't think it matters if we're talking binitarian or trinitarian (so I won't get into a defense of the personhood of the Holy Spirit here).

This thread is about, if I remember correctly, whether the phrase 'God is love' (speaking to the essence of God) makes sense in a unitarian construct. Personally, I don't think it does, but I recognize that many people don't find this argument convincing.

Matt's right -- Homer, I would be glad to continue on another thread. .... though it was posted in Pneumatology -- ;)
darinhouston

Postby mattrose » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:30 pm

darinhouston wrote:though it was posted in Pneumatology -- ;)

I just realized that I never know what category things are posted in since I only look at new and active topics :)
mattrose

Previous

Return to Theology Proper, Christology, Pneumatology