All 'biblical' Translations Are Biased and Perverted!

God, Christ, & The Holy Spirit
backwoodsman
Location: Not quite at the ends of the earth, but you can see it from here.

Re: All 'biblical' Translations Are Biased and Perverted!

Post by backwoodsman » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:01 pm

morbo3000 wrote:http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... scripture/
This is a translation of an article he wrote on contradictions in the Bible.
[sigh] Just another long list of sound bites that only look like contradictions because they're taken out of context and juxtaposed with other out-of-context bits, many of which have little or nothing to do with each other. I have to admit I didn't read them all, but of those I did read, most are resolved simply by plugging them back into their context, and the rest are resolved without much more difficulty than that. A similar list, with similarly sound reasoning, has been bouncing around the web for many years. I would've thought better of the likes of Hans Denck. If you want a good reason to take a low view of Scripture, I'm afraid you'll have to do better than that.

elderchild

Post by elderchild » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:45 pm

For "backwoodsman".......
backwoodsman wrote:
elderchild wrote:Case in point....... "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is The Kingdom of Heaven"?
[...]
So it is that "The Word of Truth" testifies, "Blessed are the poor, in Spirit theirs is The Kingdom of Heaven"!
You left out the conjunction ("for"). It's there in the Greek; removing it changes the whole sentence. Changing Scripture is a very dangerous game that always ends badly. Your version may (or may not) be a good saying, but it's not what the Bible says.
i but hope that you could see how totally inappropriate your response was, for you but offered proof positive that your 'god' is naught but "those colored marks written on a dead tree" )-;

"Blessed are the poor, for in Spirit The Kingdom of Heaven" is theirs"!

And all three versions are in harmony with The Truth that speaks, "those who have received the smallest portion of The Holy, Set Apart, Spirit, have received greater riches than all that is in and of this wicked, evil world"

And those who have truly experienced The Miracle that is receiving "a love of The Truth", will not put their trust in anything, only in HIM from WHOM they received "a love of The Truth"!

i bear witness to such @ http://asimpleandspirituallife.blogspot ... ve-of.html

Where can i read your testimony concerning such?

Now as for those "colored marks written on a dead tree"?

Sadly, multiplied millions believe their version of what this world calls it's "bible", to be "inerrant" because That LIE has been told for so long, by so many, they believe The LIE primarily because they're comfortable, and so they conform to that which made them comfortable, and reject The Truth )-;

And so the rooster crowed once before Peter denied The Messiah, and another rooster crowed not at all! And though it is EXTREMELY evident that the "imag"ined 'jesus' of pagan catholicism and Joshua of the old covenant bore the same name they yet reject The Truth, so they might serve that which made them comfortable, "the god of this world", he who is "the father of lies" and the religions of this day and time.......

"Eyes they have yet set not, ears and hear not" )-;

Yet while breath is, HOPE IS!

For TRUTH IS! Miracles do happen......

Father Help! and HE does.......
-------
I hope you reconsider that policy. Thoughtfully listening to others, and respectful interaction on points on which you disagree, can help keep your thinking on the things of God from becoming unbalanced and off track.
Such policy was my disdain and disregard for debate!

Policy? not i, but you are the "con"venient speaker who would make a good politician )-;

If you ever experience or receive but a morsel from Our Father and GOD please share such!

And quit sharing that which is of your own vain "imag"ination!

For The Truth needs be received, and is not REALized in debate, discussion or endless study which is be a weariness to the flesh!

...."religion" is anti-messiah....
[color=#FF0000]"Come Out of her, MY people!"[/color]
...For The Faithful ARE Family..

elderchild

Post by elderchild » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:16 pm

morbo3000 wrote:
elderchild wrote: As for this Hans Denck, seems i will do a search and yet i don't expect such to bear edible fruit.
Actually, I think he would. He was a spiritualist like you.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... scripture/

This is a translation of an article he wrote on contradictions in the Bible. Since you don't hold a high view of the Bible (I don't either) you should enjoy it. His point isn't that there are contradictions in our faith.. rather that we hold loosely because we are imperfect. A friend of mine has recently said "We serve the God of the Bible, not the Bible of our God." When I was in high school, we had to dissect a cat. I tried it on mine, and she wouldn't have it. The difference is, that the one in science class was dead and filled with formaldihyde [sic], where as the one at home is very alive and full of Purina. I feel it is the same with the Word of God (which never means the New Testament in the New Testament.) The only way you can dissect it is if it is dead. I prefer a dynamic Word. This is not to exclude the New Testament. I just hold to it loosely.. or at least looser than I was raised to.
IT IS SO, SO BE IT.......

"We serve the God of the Bible, not the Bible of our God."

YES! i very much appreciate your friends quote!

For TRUTH IS the 'god' of the multitudes is their 'bible' and 'doctrine', and/or their 'clergy(pharisee's, theologians, reverends,,,) '

And i would express such as, "We serve the ONE and ONLY TRUE LIVING GOD(SPIRIT) and FATHER of ALL(Messiah inclusive), The AUTHOR of FAITH and the giver of the testimonies in what this wicked, evil world and it's religions call their 'bible'!"

However, we do not serve that which this world calls it's "bible(The NT of which, in Truth is but catholic canon)", for such has been perverted and is biased in accordance with the religious dogma of the translators"! And even if such was not biased and perverted, Our Father and GOD, HE IS ALIVE, and HE would still be communing with HIS children!

"dead cat"? NO!

THE LIVING WORD? YES!

http://asimpleandspirituallife.blogspot ... s-are.html

And Thankfully Our Father and GOD is yet able to REVEAL ALL that is truly needful!

So it is that Spiritual Discernment is received by those who have experienced The Miracle that is receiving a "love of The Truth", and the words in what this world calls it's 'bible(i call such The Testimonies)' come ALIVE and are RENEWED in The Spirit of HIM that gave them!

HALLELUYAH!

And i wanted to testify that i am not a "spiritualist", yet by The Grace of Our Father and GOD i have been given my portion with The Messiah in HIS Family, "of WHOM the whole Family in Heaven and ON EARTH is named"! (Eph3:15)

And NEW "Jerusalem which IS above IS free, and IS !NOW! the mother of us all(sons of Our Father and GOD)" (Gal4:26)

And Hope is now, that the testimonies of Hans Denck will bear good fruit.

i am nomadic and am traveling now, so i won't begin my seeking out his testimonies until this evening(3:00 pm now).

Going to begin traveling once again, Our Father Willing!

steve

Post by steve » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:54 pm

As our long-term participants know, we seldom ban anyone, no matter what his/her views, from this forum. Sometimes we ban people who are just obnoxious, or who seem unable to participate rationally in dialogue. We do this because there is a standard that we have sought to maintain at this forum for maturity, civility and gracious communication.

Now, I will admit that I have not read the posts by "elder child" (though I have tried), so I cannot say much for or against their contents. All I can tell is that they are poorly communicated, so that whenever I try to read one of them, it is a huge turn-off. This is not because of any objection I have to the content (since I am not aware of the content). Not to be too "mystical" myself, I just get this negative vibe from them. And there are soooo many of them...and, although not as long as even my own posts (sometimes), they are too long for me to try to wade through their obscure verbiage. And they seem to be simply a means of promoting another blogsite, rather than contributing to such discussions as I am accustomed to finding conducted here. I could be WAY off, since I am describing a gut feeling, rather than an analysis of any content.

I am willing to be corrected by any of you who are actually reading and interacting with these threads. It is okay with me to keep him here, if anyone else thinks it interesting or profitable. Otherwise, I just see this forum being filled up with long posts that I skip over, looking for something worth reading. Feel free to shoot me down about this, or advise. If you wish to advise me off-line, feel free to send a private message.

backwoodsman
Location: Not quite at the ends of the earth, but you can see it from here.

Post by backwoodsman » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:45 pm

Steve, I agree he's clearly not here to discuss, or learn, or even interact; it seems like he just wants to be listened to, and berate any who disagree. I don't see anything edifying or otherwise profitable in his writing or his replies to me and others. I'm with you on his style and content, although I'd be more than willing to give him a pass on both if it looked like he were at least trying to interact graciously and respectfully; but he's kinda going the other way on both counts. A web search reveals that he's been spamming this same stuff, often word for word, on a number of Christian forums for years.

As far as banning him, I could go either way, but I think I've talked myself into leaning toward a 'yes'. He's been doing it for years; it's probably not rational to hope he'll change his approach for us.

morbo3000

Post by morbo3000 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:23 am

backwoodsman wrote:
morbo3000 wrote:http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... scripture/
This is a translation of an article he wrote on contradictions in the Bible.
[sigh] Just another long list of sound bites that only look like contradictions because they're taken out of context and juxtaposed with other out-of-context bits, many of which have little or nothing to do with each other. I have to admit I didn't read them all, but of those I did read, most are resolved simply by plugging them back into their context, and the rest are resolved without much more difficulty than that. A similar list, with similarly sound reasoning, has been bouncing around the web for many years. I would've thought better of the likes of Hans Denck. If you want a good reason to take a low view of Scripture, I'm afraid you'll have to do better than that.
You misunderstand Denck. He wasn't trying to undermine scripture. I think I posted his introduction on that link.

If memory serves, during the reformation (when he wrote) everyone was hurling this verse and that after each other to prove one point or another. Both the reformers and Rome were using the Bible almost as a weapon to prove their point. Denck's intention wasn't to undermine the Bible so much. As to get people off their hermeneutical high horse and be a little more humble about their interpretations.

By low view of the Bible, I don't mean lowly. I'm in this weird position where I am more passionate about the spirit of the gospel (not spiritualizing though), meaning the impetus, the vision of Jesus, that I think gets lost in dogma. I've gone farther then Steve, but his teaching showed me the path. Post-enlightenment Biblical scholarship really fell on its own sword in the 20th century by getting into all sorts of materialistic interpretations undermining anything miraculous. As a result, historical and textual criticism have a bad rap for that association. But I think those materialistic conclusions were wrong and that there is use in that scholarship. That scholarship has led me to not believe in inerrancy anymore, but not in a way that undermines the message. It has emboldened it. I'm not held to a lower standard of holiness; rather a higher one.

Anyway.. I'm afraid I misrepresented Denck on that one. Hope that clarifies.
When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.
JeffreyLong.net
Jesusna.me
@30thirteen

morbo3000

Post by morbo3000 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:31 am

@steve et al.

I'm sorta new, so..

I replied to this thread in an effort to see if I could make heads or tails of what elderchild was saying and engage some of the ideas. But the interesting conversations have been tangential because he can't dialogue in an intelligible manner. I want to be respectful... I put this on another thread. But seriously dude.. do you talk like this at work?

I can't understand what he's saying enough to dialogue, and as you said I don't think that's his intention anyway. If it is, he needs to take a few lessons in rhetoric. I won't shed any tears whatever decisions y'all make.

(but if you decide to take me to the woodshed.. give me a warning so I can get a head start!)

@elderchild Sorry if I disrespect.
When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.
JeffreyLong.net
Jesusna.me
@30thirteen

wwalkeriv

Post by wwalkeriv » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:37 am

steve wrote: I could be WAY off, since I am describing a gut feeling, rather than an analysis of any content.
You are right on.

PR

Post by PR » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:40 am

Steve, if it were up to me, I'd ban him. Let him go pontificate on his own blog and see how much dialogue he gets.

Phil

elderchild

Post by elderchild » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:51 am

morbo3000 wrote:@steve et al.

I'm sorta new, so..

I replied to this thread in an effort to see if I could make heads or tails of what elderchild was saying and engage some of the ideas. But the interesting conversations have been tangential because he can't dialogue in an intelligible manner. I want to be respectful... I put this on another thread. But seriously dude.. do you talk like this at work?

I can't understand what he's saying enough to dialogue, and as you said I don't think that's his intention anyway. If it is, he needs to take a few lessons in rhetoric. I won't shed any tears whatever decisions y'all make.

(but if you decide to take me to the woodshed.. give me a warning so I can get a head start!)

@elderchild Sorry if I disrespect.
No need to be sorry for i have been banned from a few forum's, and such free's me from the ignorance, the abuse, and the sadness that i have for those who have never experienced The Miracle that is receiving "a love of The TRUTH"!

You questioned, "do you talk like this at work"?

My work is, not to....... so that HE can work in me "The Will and The Doing of HIS Good Pleasure".......

Hans Denck? anabaptists?

Martyr's Mirror Part ll at one time was a blessing, for such revealed evermore of the perverseness that is pagan catholicism and her harlot christian daughters, yet then the perverseness was revealed of those who were not of the martyr's, yet wrote Part l of the same!

"reformation"? But a time when pagan catholic priests sought to reform her in their "image", and created her harlot christian daughters.

And today thousands of christian sects have been created in the "image" of a man, and his lack of understanding )-;

All but pagan catholic clones no different than mainline 'christianity".

So the 'reformation' continues.......

Yet back in the 16th century the #1 harlot christian daughter of pagan catholicism, the aptly named "church OF england", led the charge into war as christians took up constantine's cross and fought "brother" against "brother" as they sought to establish their way, a "christian" version of pagan catholicism.

http://asimpleandspirituallife.blogspot ... ossed.html

Yet, both before and after the so-called 'reformation', and likely till time is no more, religion was, and is, for those natural war-like creatures who were going to make it 'right' in their own eyes, no matter the cost )-;

So it is that multiplied billions have been killed and enslaved in the name of the god(s) of this, or that religion!

Proving the fruit of death is bore of religion's way,
For life is but a pawn in the wicked game they play )-;

"Come out from among them and be separate"!

For they can not 'see' that The Messiah "DID COME QUICKLY" just as He promised, and that "The Body of The Messiah" was then taken up in the clouds to forever be with The Messiah and Our Father and GOD!

ALL Thanks and Praise Be Unto Our Father and GOD!

Thankfully that which was "decaying and waxing old" DID "vanish away" with the destruction of the natural, earthly, temporal temple realm centered in old jerusalem.......

So it was that "water baptism" was no longer needful for The Body was, and is !NOW! Spiritual, Heavenly!

And The Miracle that is immersion in, of, by and thru The Holy, Set Apart, Spirit brings to the birth that New Creation, "a son of Our Father and GOD", and such a one has their portion !NOW! in HIS Family! So it is we choose to remain but "aliens and pilgrims while on the earth", for soon, and very soon we will be taken Home, Home at last.......

Till then:

HOPE IS!

For TRUTH IS! Miracles do happen.......

Return to “Theology Proper, Christology, Pneumatology”