Getting to The Will of God

God, Christ, & The Holy Spirit
dizerner

Re: Getting to The Will of God

Post by dizerner » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:56 am

You once called me the "blasphemy police" and constantly tried to judge me when I pointed out false doctrine, telling me I don't have "jurisdiction" or some such silliness, and correct me nonstop for preaching godliness. But you can't handle the phrase "fantasy" or "out of thin air" for ideas about Scripture you want to say with authority that have no backing at all? Somehow you think "being a good Berean" means we can speculate about anything we want and twist the Scriptures. If my speech is slightly irritated it's because I truly am human. And if I say something that directly contradicts Scripture, feel free to take the time to explain why to me.

Let the godly strike me! It will be a kindness! If they correct me, it is soothing medicine. Don't let me refuse it. But I pray constantly against the wicked and their deeds.

robbyyoung

Getting to The Will of God

Post by robbyyoung » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:36 am

dizerner wrote:You once called me the "blasphemy police" and constantly tried to judge me when I pointed out false doctrine, telling me I don't have "jurisdiction" or some such silliness, and correct me nonstop for preaching godliness. But you can't handle the phrase "fantasy" or "out of thin air" for ideas about Scripture you want to say with authority that have no backing at all? Somehow you think "being a good Berean" means we can speculate about anything we want and twist the Scriptures. If my speech is slightly irritated it's because I truly am human. And if I say something that directly contradicts Scripture, feel free to take the time to explain why to me.

Let the godly strike me! It will be a kindness! If they correct me, it is soothing medicine. Don't let me refuse it. But I pray constantly against the wicked and their deeds.
Hi dizerner,

It's your arrogance that prompts responses to your divisive conduct. Such as these ridiculous claims,
when I pointed out false doctrine
But you can't handle the phrase "fantasy" or "out of thin air" for ideas about Scripture you want to say with authority that have no backing at all?
. Your OPINION doesn't make TRUTH! Take a humility pill and practice what you preach, in regards to what your level of godliness is. Here's another classic case,
Somehow you think "being a good Berean" means we can speculate about anything we want and twist the Scriptures.
This is hyperbole and classic YOU. Exploration into the minds of the writers coupled with culture and language, without the ability to ask follow up questions, inherently prompts speculation on many issues. Every bible student looks at all the possibilities in the given language to fill-in the gaps that causes the speculations in the first place. You seem to think that your brand of speculation is authoritative over someone else's. When neither should be taken as fact, but rather, simply noteworthy to the individual.

Unlike YOU, most people don't question someone's salvation or relationship with God when they agree to disagree on issues. Your arrogance in this matter is striking, to say the least. You are exceedingly judgmental and under your own banner, and you can't seem to help yourself. Nevertheless, this conversation is probably inappropriate, but you deserve the right to respond, however, I will not follow-up in return. You can happily have the last word. But in the future, when addressing me, leave your judgmental attitude at the door when exploration is taking place for the highest possible understanding, and I too will return the favor.

God Bless.

psimmond

Re: Getting to The Will of God

Post by psimmond » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:01 pm

Paidion, I feel like this thread took a strange turn when it went from God causing all things to work together for good for those who love God to God being the cause of all things, including a wife dying in agony from cancer, a child being run over by a truck, torture, rape, etc. Do you think people on this forum interpret Romans 8:28 this way?

You also said these are "things He does WITHIN us and not external circumstances which He manipulates for our good." In my life, it has been both. God has used all of the external circumstances (some I would say were caused and others I would say were allowed) to shape who I am today--one who desires to know him more and become more like Christ.
Let me boldly state the obvious. If you are not sure whether you heard directly from God, you didn’t.
~Garry Friesen

Return to “Theology Proper, Christology, Pneumatology”