struggling with what churches have become

The Church
Bud

Re: struggling with what churches have become

Post by Bud » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:12 pm

Very happy Jarrod, for you and your fellows. I thank God for what's happening there and say to Him, more please!
Malachi 3:16 Then those who feared the LORD spoke to one another, and the LORD gave attention and heard [it,] and a book of remembrance was written before Him for those who fear the LORD and who esteem His name. (NASB) :)

jarrod

Post by jarrod » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:34 pm

Paidion wrote:Just out of curiosity, do you regularly remember the Lord Jesus and His sacrifice through the breaking of bread and drinking of wine together?
Actually we remember the Lord through communion at every meeting. There is a mixture of grape juice and wine depending on the home. Since we meet at different homes among the families, it is left to each home member to decide how it should be handled/administered during the meeting.

Jarrod

MsCread

Post by MsCread » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:08 am

jarrod wrote:I have been apart of standard churches for quite some time and had always thought, "this is just the way it is." However, I always had feelings and promptings that made me feel that some things just weren't right. I'm not trying to say any church or gathering of believers will ever be "perfect," but I have recently been listening to Steve's lectures on Some Assembly Required and feel a lot of the things Steve was saying put words to the feelings I have been having.

I highly recommend anyone having similar struggles to listen, especially, to the 2 lectures "Who will lead us? Part 1" and "Who will lead us? Part 2".

Listening to these have generated some great Bible reading and discussion between my wife and myself.

Jarrod
thank you for pointing out the "Some Assembly Required" lectures, I am going to listen to these today :D

Return to “Ecclesiology”