Was Nero the Beast of Revelation?

End Times
Paidion

Re: Was Nero the Beast of Revelation?

Post by Paidion » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:12 pm

My point is that God gave a revelation to Jesus as the verse states. It was revealed to Jesus. That is why it is called a "the revelation of Jesus Christ". If God revealed something to you, it would be called "the revelation of Robbie Young". The very concept of some truth being revealed to a person implies that the person was not previously aware of it.
After it was revealed to Jesus, He sent an angel to John and made it known (or revealed it) to John. Before it was revealed to John, he was unaware of it, just as before it was revealed to Jesus, HE was unaware of it.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:28 am

Nonetheless, I see no relevance in your "????" regarding it's warning outside Jerusalem. If anything, that's where we should see all The Believers as The Day approaches

Robby,
You see no relevance that although Jerusalem was to be destroyed the Jerusalem church is never warned here, but it makes sense that churches in Asia are warned? Additionally the churches in Asia already knew about the destruction of Jerusalem from the gospels and that it would be around 70AD.

Also why would this revelation about the destruction of Jerusalem be a revelation to John, he also already knew from the synoptic gospels.

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:45 am

One of the strengths of the Historicist view of Revelation is that it's flexible. There may be more then one beast depending on when events take place. For example Nero may have been the beast at one time and then the RCC and later Islam as Ellis Skolfield believes. Plus it doesn't necessarily have to be precisely in chronological order. Maybe John didn't have the resources for grouping events as orderly as Matthew did since he was elderly and was seeing very symbolic images and was stuck in a desolate place.

TheEditor

Post by TheEditor » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:31 pm

Plus it doesn't necessarily have to be precisely in chronological order. Maybe John didn't have the resources for grouping events as orderly as Matthew did since he was elderly and was seeing very symbolic images and was stuck in a desolate place.

This is something I have been convinced of for a while now. Everything appears to be in "vignette" fashion. There may be order at some moments, but in other moments there appears to be no order, or a "back and forth" presentation.

Regards, Brenden.
[color=#0000FF][b]"It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery."[/b][/color]

Return to “Eschatology”