Could Satan himself be the Beast of Revelation?

End Times
Paidion

Could Satan himself be the Beast of Revelation?

Post by Paidion » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:33 am

The Chaldean language often changes an “s” or an “sh” into a “t”. For example, the Hebrew “shekel” is the Chaldean “tekel.” Satan's name among the devil-worshippers of Kurdistan is “Sheitan.” In Chaldean, this is “teitan.” The Greek letters for “teitan” are τ,ε,ι,τ,α,ν. The numerical value of these Greek letters add up to 666. The name τειταν (teitan) was suggested by Irenæus as a possible name of the antichrist. (Against Heresies, Book 5, ch 30, sec 3)
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

steve7150

Re: Could Satan himself be the Beast of Revelation?

Post by steve7150 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:20 pm

In Rev 20.10 it distinguishes between the devil and beast and false prophet being thrown into the lake of fire. In other words it says the devil was thrown into the LOF where the beast and false prophet already were.

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:24 pm

Thanks Steve 7150. You are right, of course. But what if Teitan is a man inspired by the Devil, and so takes on the name of the Devil? Then Teitan could be thrown into the Lake of Fire to be followed later by his master, the Devil.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:09 am

Thanks Steve 7150. You are right, of course. But what if Teitan is a man inspired by the Devil, and so takes on the name of the Devil? Then Teitan could be thrown into the Lake of Fire to be followed later by his master, the Devil.

Sure whether it's a man or govt or religion or different entities at different times it is very likely inspired by Satan.

Return to “Eschatology”