Are all Calvary Chapel churches dispensational?

End Times
_Anonymous

Calvary Chapels Dispensational

Post by _Anonymous » Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:49 pm

I hope that I am doing this correctly as this is my first time on this site. First let me say that I am a girl! My name is tricky.

I read everyones comments about Calvary Chapel and am not surprised at them. I too with my husband Jim attend Calvary Chapel in St. Pete Florida and have noticed that they lean heavily towards the pre-trib stuff. But I notice this about everyone anymore today....in fact, nobody actually seems to know what they believe and why, and most simply chow on the pre-digested stuff that their pastor gives them in good faith. I guess I'm probably blessed in a way cuz I'm a woman and since Calvary doesn't really let women into the "leadership" circle other than our typical singing, or women's bible study stuff (which I am content with) I am overlooked in my eschatology. I am definately NOT dispensational but go evenly between preterest and history.

I am teaching bible study to a continual rotating group of women in a drug treatment center in the downtown area. Before I started this I went to my leader and told him that I do not hold to the pre-trib view. He told me that it's ok, and that it's not something that will divide anyone. Wow!!! I'm teaching Revelation right now and attempting to get the women to observe the text and know what they believe and why. I'm attempting to teach like Steve here....and presenting all four views.

I've also made a commitment to myself and God that in light of my views and what I see happening in the world around me (personally, I believe that we will go through the Great Tribulation if it happens in our time), I feel that it is my responsibility to share my beliefs with others. Even in bible study (ouch). I've avoided this for years because I hate to argue but since the dispensationalists "push" their views onto everyone without even knowing what the heck they are talking about usually, I feel that I will use the "politically correct" atmosphere to share in some equal treatment. So wish me the best!

I've not yet been labeled....

On another note as well. I took an O.T. survey of the O.T. at Calvary and was shocked when the teacher (who happens to head up the entire bible school at Calvary) knew little to nothing about the O.T. His forte' is the N.T. and of course he is dispensational.....

Wish we could find a church that teaches like Calvary, believes in missions, is not dispensational and humble like their leadership. All in all, every church has it's pitfalls...Calvary is probably the best in teaching that I've ever seen and they have probably more "closet preterests" than we know.

WE MUST COME OUT!
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

Return to “Eschatology”