am i isreal or judah?

End Times
_Damon

Re: Caucasians = Israel

Post by _Damon » Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:49 pm

VERITAS wrote:And Christian charity doesn't mean that I can't call nonsense what it is or that I have to give it the same weight as truth. Solomon says that when a fool speaks to answer that fool according to his folly.
Oh, so now you're in the place of God and you absolutely know for sure that my beliefs are unbiblical, whereas yours are not. Thank you for clearing that up.
VERITAS wrote:And as for that racial slur, that DID offend me. Stuff like that should NEVER come out of the mouth of a professed Christian.
That "racial slur" is how I feel that I'm being treated. That's what I said. If you find it offensive in the extreme, then good! Now you understand how I feel about how I'm being treated.

There was no other way to break through your consciousness and get you to see it.

Damon
Last edited by jaiotu on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_Damon

Steve Gregg: Your Attention Please...

Post by _Damon » Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:02 pm

I just had a thought. Steve, since I know VERITAS is a respecter of persons and that he would respect your opinion even though he wouldn't respect mine, would you clear up something for the two of us please?

I had said the following earlier:
Damon wrote:For the record, people of faith tend to have very strong, passionate feelings about what they believe. In order to not offend one another, it's usually wise to refrain from denigrating those beliefs without a very good reason.
From your own experience - especially as regards your even-handed treatment in "Revelation - Four Views" - would you consider what I said above to be a true statement?

If so, then do you think VERITAS is treating my views with respect even if he disagrees with them?

I don't think he is, and I'd like him to apologize. What do you think?

Damon
Reason:

_Anonymous

Post by _Anonymous » Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:15 pm

Damon,

Is it okay to mock someone else? Yes! Is it okay for you to suggest that I don't have the computer know-how to get a real name on this forum? Yes! Would that be okay? Yes!

As for apologizing to you, I already, ahem, asked you to forgive me (chuckle). I was wrong, and you continue to prove me to be so. Your comments are laced with irony and humor. "I don't like arguing" topped, "I'm not being condescending. I am extremely well studied" by a furlong.

I'm uncertain as to what this "BS" is. What does that stand for? I'm confused. Could you spell it out for me, because I know you are extremely well studied. And humble.

Enjoying our conversation beyond what you could imagine,

a1
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_Damon

Post by _Damon » Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:38 pm

Anonymous wrote:Damon,

Is it okay to mock someone else? Yes!
Psalm 1:1 and Proverbs 1:20-26.

Damon
PS. I made another mistake. I tried to correct a scorner.

Proverbs 9:7-8
Last edited by jaiotu on Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason:

_Anonymous

Post by _Anonymous » Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:42 pm

Now it is clear, you use a different Bible than anyone else, and it has at least 26 verses in the first Psalm. THAT's why you know so much more than the rest of us!

a2
Reason:

_Anonymous

Post by _Anonymous » Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:45 pm

Changed that one pretty quick, Huh?
Reason:

_Anonymous

Post by _Anonymous » Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:18 pm

Damon,

I was only giving you the permission you asked for to mock someone else. You asked, "Is it okay to mock someone else?" Yes. Go for it! Who are planning on mocking?

a1
Reason:

_Damon

Post by _Damon » Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:35 pm

anonymous1 wrote:Damon,

I was only giving you the permission you asked for to mock someone else. You asked, "Is it okay to mock someone else?" Yes. Go for it! Who are planning on mocking?
I wasn't asking you for permission, and you know it. I was asking you if it was ethically okay to mock or scorn someone.

You know what the answer is.

Damon
Reason:

_Anonymous

Post by _Anonymous » Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:51 pm

Damon,

Whew! I stand corrected again. Well, if you are going to mock someone without permission, the answer to your ethical dilema depends on who the recipient of the mocking is, and why the mocking is taking place. In order to solve your dilema, I'll need you tell me who it is you will be mocking, and why.

a1
Reason:

_Sean

Post by _Sean » Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:31 am

Do not be wise in your own opinion. Repay no one evil for evil. (Romans 12:17)

If you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. (Luke 6:32-33)

Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets. (Matthew 7:12)
Doing to others as would WOULD NOT like done unto you is not LOVE. Please, let's ALL start treating each other in love.
Reason:
By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another. (John 13:35)

Return to “Eschatology”