Please tell me what's wrong with this

End Times
SamMcNear

Please tell me what's wrong with this

Post by SamMcNear » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:39 pm

http://www.pray4zion.org/TheComingBloodMoons.html

This article is trying to link Jewish festivals with current times saying it is some type of biblical prophecy.

I have a friend and family who believe this stuff. I need strong help to show them there is no biblical support for this stuff.

Paidion

Re: Please tell me what's wrong with this

Post by Paidion » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:59 pm

I just looked at the link. Their support (according to them) is historical. Blood moons on the first day of passover and on the first day of Sukkoth, two years in a row.
They say the expulsion of the Jews from Spain by Queen Isabella was the big event in 1492, the statehood of Israel in 1948, and the 6-day war in 1967. They say each of these events was followed by 2 consecutive years of blood moons on the first day of passover and on the first day of Sukkoth. Since astronomers predict two consecutive years of blood moons in 2014 and 2015 on the first day of passover and on the first day of Sukkoth, they are quite sure that there will be a major event for Israel prior to passover.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

Singalphile

Post by Singalphile » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:10 am

Hello.

I would like to see a timeline with all major events affecting Israel (here are some) along with and all of these "blood moon"/festival coincidences. I doubt very much that there would be any useful pattern.

I have heard about this sort of thing around my neck of the woods from John Hagee. I don't know if he came up with it, but he's selling books, posters, and t-shirts about it. The title of the book appears to be Four Blood Moons: Something Is About To Change. "Something is About To Change" - what a bold prediction!
... that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. John 5:23

Michelle

Post by Michelle » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:34 am

SamMcNear wrote:http://www.pray4zion.org/TheComingBloodMoons.html

This article is trying to link Jewish festivals with current times saying it is some type of biblical prophecy.

I have a friend and family who believe this stuff. I need strong help to show them there is no biblical support for this stuff.
I looked at it. I googled it. There seem to be several prophecy website that are very excited about this event.

Lunar eclipses are not that uncommon; no one writes songs about flying Learjets up to Nova Scotia to see one. That an eclipse would happen on Passover or Sukkoth is not unexpected since those holidays begin on the full moon. That an eclipse would happen on both -- and not only once, but two years in a row -- does kind of make one sit up and take notice. Perhaps this does have significance?!?

So these scholars have looked back into the past for significant events of Jewish history that seem to coincide with other occurrences of this tetrad. First was the expulsion from Spain, a bad thing, that happened just before the 4 "blood moons". The second was statehood for Israel, a good thing, which, again, happened before of the 4 moons. Finally, there was the Six-Day War, a kind of goodish thing that happened in the midst of the eclipses.

On the timeline of Jewish events, there are some good things (for instance the Golden age of Jewish culture in Spain), a lot of bad things (the fall of Jerusalem in 70 AD; the Holocaust), and tons of goodish stuff, all of which happened without lunar eclipses.

So here's the prediction: Something bad, good, merely goodish (or maybe this time merely badish) is going to happen before, during (or possibly this time after) a series of coincidental (but not completely unexplainable) total lunar eclipses, which take eighteen months to cycle through, giving us, perhaps, up to three years of events to consider. As predictions go, this is not exactly water tight, you know.

Why, Sam, do you want to show your friend and family that there is no biblical support for this? Do you feel that they are unbalanced in their life and character because they are buying into this stuff?

mattrose

Post by mattrose » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:31 pm

Michelle wrote:So here's the prediction: Something bad, good, merely goodish (or maybe this time merely badish) is going to happen before, during (or possibly this time after) a series of coincidental (but not completely unexplainable) total lunar eclipses, which take eighteen months to cycle through, giving us, perhaps, up to three years of events to consider. As predictions go, this is not exactly water tight, you know.
Haha, this is a great paragraph Michelle!

Jepne

Post by Jepne » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:34 pm

Amen to that (Matt Rose and Michelle)!
"Anything you think you know about God that you can't find in the person of Jesus, you have reason to question.” - anonymous

TK

Post by TK » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:33 am

So here's the prediction: Something bad, good, merely goodish (or maybe this time merely badish) is going to happen before, during (or possibly this time after) a series of coincidental (but not completely unexplainable) total lunar eclipses, which take eighteen months to cycle through, giving us, perhaps, up to three years of events to consider. As predictions go, this is not exactly water tight, you know.

dwilkins

Post by dwilkins » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:34 am

It seems to me that since the Jewish festival calendar is anchored to the fullness of the moon, and a full moon at about the time of an eclipse is as full as one can get, that it would unavoidable that there are patterns of lunar eclipses happening near important Jewish calendar events.

I think an interesting question might be, "What happens if the event is bad for them?"

Since the expulsion of the Spanish Jews happened during such an event I wonder what would happen if Israel were nuked or the Jews there otherwise disastrously overcome in association to this next event. I don't find responses like "That can't happen! They will never be removed because prophecy says so!" very compelling. Even Dispensational Premillennialism says that eventually somewhere between 2/3 and 90% of the Jews will be killed in Israel as a result of Armageddon (though if it were to happen it would obviously mean that their projected sequence of events was off). My question is more in line with their heritage. Every few generation they seem to undergo some sort of disaster where a large number of them are killed. If that were to happen again, this time with the state of Israel, what do you think the result would be in your average Baptist or Calvary Chapel service the next week?

This question hits on Michelle's closing comment, "Why, Sam, do you want to show your friend and family that there is no biblical support for this? Do you feel that they are unbalanced in their life and character because they are buying into this stuff?" I would bet that if this were to happen a large number of Christians would have their faith severely shaken (which, of course, means that at least some of them would fall away).

Doug

mattrose

Post by mattrose » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:02 pm

TK wrote:

Haha! Good one TK. Now I feel bad for passing you (and into 7th place) on the list of all-time most frequent posters!

Return to “Eschatology”