Why Do Websites like this bug me?

End Times
TK

Why Do Websites like this bug me?

Post by TK » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:33 pm

www.omegashock.com

Putting the eschatology viewpoint aside, this type of website really bugs me.

It is hard to say exactly why.

To me it seems to be fear mongering but of course some people might say that America needs to be fear mongered.

Perhaps it is because it points out all these problems and horrible things but offers no solutions.

All I know is that it bugs me.

steve

Re: Why Do Websites like this bug me?

Post by steve » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:21 pm

It makes me want to post the question on their website: "Why is this important for me to know?"

paulespino

Post by paulespino » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:02 am

I watched in Youtube the Jonestown massacre and one of the weapons that Jones used to put fear into the mind of the people was the coming of the Anti Christ. Jones told them that the Anti Christ was coming and they are better off to die than to be captured by the Anti Christ.

TK

Post by TK » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:21 am

I thought about this some more and I guess what really bothers me the most is that the sole purpose of the website seems to be to make people worry about things they have no control over. Like Steve said, why is it important that I know about the Illuminati or other doomsday scenarios when I have no power to change any of it? Ignorance may not always be bliss, but often it is.

Some persons (not me thank goodness) might be thrown into a state of despair when reading a website like this. And since we know it is sinful to worry, this guy seems to be unapologetically making people sin.

If he feels compelled or called to post about such things I wish he would do it in a different or more edifying spirit.

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:58 pm

On the other hand, perhaps peoples' awareness of the illuminati, etc. is, from the human point of view, the only way in which anyone could do anything to prevent the problems which arise from the activities of such, or to put a stop to the activites themselves.

Years ago, I read a very interesting futuristic type of novel by Larry Burkett, (published 2004) who was an evangelical Christian, and an economist who taught the biblical principles of handling money. When I began reading the book, I couldn't lay it down until I had finished. It's available at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.ca/Illuminati-Larry-B ... ry+burkett
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

Return to “Eschatology”