Matthew 13:36-43

End Times
robbyyoung

Re: Matthew 13:36-43

Post by robbyyoung » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:54 am

paulespino wrote:HI Rob,
I'm thinking that another possibility is that the angels which also means "messengers " are the disciples.
In Matthew 10 :5-15 Jesus ordered the disciples to evangelized to different towns and to knock on individual houses. Those who accepted Christ were blessed but those who did not were cursed worst than Sodom and Gomorrah. I think the process of evangelizing which was done by the disciples of Christ was the process of harvesting (separating the good seeds (believers) from the weeds (non believers)). Those who believed did not experienced the wrath of the Romans and those who did not believed suffered, tortured and died.
Therefore the messengers are the disciples.
I'm just thinking maybe this is another possibility
Hi paulespino,

Yes, I am aware of this position as well; John 4:35 is the verse used to suggest the possibility. As you can see, once the time parameters are settled, the only thing left to discuss is "The How" question which is comprised of various theories. Full Preterism contends that getting "The How" question wrong is not the same as denying "The When" statements of Last Days events by Yeshua and The Apostles. As a FP, I simply believe their expectation of the last days, resurrection, judgment, and Yeshua's Return were correct: not errant, confused, or projected to a distant generation 2000 to a million years into the future! This notion extremely violates all that is hermeneutical to the context. Paulespino, "The How" is the fun aspect to explore, therefore the more theories the better.

God Bless.

paulespino

Post by paulespino » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:21 pm

HI Rob,
The way I understood it is that the end of the age is referring to the end of the age of the Old covenant and not the end of the world.

paulespino

Post by paulespino » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:43 pm

HI Dizerner,
I understood that the end of the age is referring to the end of the age of the Old covenant and not the end of the world.

robbyyoung

Post by robbyyoung » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:23 pm

paulespino wrote:HI Rob,
The way I understood it is that the end of the age is referring to the end of the age of the Old covenant and not the end of the world.
Yes, you are correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Robby Young
U.S. Army Retired

paulespino

Post by paulespino » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:02 pm

Dizerner,
Why would the destruction of Jerusalem be the end of the age, where all are judged. Who threw the Roman soldiers (bad seeds) away in the furnace? I think many lived a full life.
In Matthew 10:5-15, Jesus told the disciples not to go to the gentiles but only to the lost sheep of Israel. Therefore the prophecy of Jesus in Matthew 13:36-46 was intended for the jews who were in Jerusalem only at that time. Also the attack of the Romans I believed were mainly focus on Jerusalem. Also in the prophecy of Jesus only the jews were the focus of His prophecy and not everyone.
I know that your view is different and I respect that. Actually Steve's teaching about unity opened my mind about on how to embrace my fellow believers who have different views than mine as long as they don't force their views on me. But we can discuss it in a gentle and loving manner that at the end of the day after the discussion we are still brothers In Christ without any resentment.

dizerner

Post by dizerner » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:36 pm

Please don't patronize me-the Bible is not a hobby for me it's my life. If I think you are in error it's not just another opinion, it's a life walking with God. And if you think I am, you better believe I hope you tell me-but I want to know you're not just imbibing the logic of a man's mind, but that you are going straight to the Word alone. I just don't get people depending on others to tell them what is what. Here's my challenge to you-for one month listen to NO teacher or teaching, only read Scripture. Then come back here and tell me, man to man, that this led you to this or that doctrine. So many discussions for me are going to "parrot argumentville," I hear so little original thinking. If you can't take this challenge, ask yourself why-why can't I take a period of time out where every human voice is shut out except the pure voice of Scripture.

paulespino

Post by paulespino » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:12 pm

I apologize if you feel this way. I'm sure you are a much better and smarter person than I am. My purpose is to discuss and fellowship.
And Not to prove that I am right. Also I was not trying to force what I think is right to anyone.

paulespino

Post by paulespino » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:46 pm

I just don't get people depending on others to tell them what is what. Here's my challenge to you-for one month listen to NO teacher or teaching, only read Scripture. Then come back here and tell me, man to man, that this led you to this or that doctrine. So many discussions for me are going to "parrot argumentville," I hear so little original thinking. If you can't take this challenge, ask yourself why-why can't I take a period of time out where every human voice is shut out except the pure voice of Scripture.
Steve is a wise man, the holy spirit has given him gift to discern the word of God. Therefore I want some of that wisdom that is why I listen to his teachings.
I read the Bible alone but whenever I need help I refer to the narrowpath resources. Steve is the real deal. Steve is the real deal!!!!!!!

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:00 am

Steve is a wise man, the holy spirit has given him gift to discern the word of God. Therefore I want some of that wisdom that is why I listen to his teachings.
I read the Bible alone but whenever I need help I refer to the narrowpath resources. Steve is the real deal. Steve is the real deal!!!!!!!
paulespino Posts: 204Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:02 am

Yes Steve is the real deal so keep in mind he is not a FP, but what I like the most about him is his name. BTW consider that this temple destroyed in 70AD was Herod's temple but what was actually God ordained was the tabernacle in the wilderness.

paulespino

Post by paulespino » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:49 pm

HI Steve7150
Yes, he believes in the future coming of Christ.
But what I like about his teachings is he explore every possibility when interpreting the WORD and he does not force push his beliefs in us.

Return to “Eschatology”