Rev 4:5 Seven lamps of fire burning before the throne

End Times
thrombomodulin

Rev 4:5 Seven lamps of fire burning before the throne

Post by thrombomodulin » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:08 pm

I recently encountered an argument from a dispensational futurist to support the idea of a rapture occurring between at the beginning of Revelation 4. Verses relevant to this argument are:

The location of the lamps is before the throne in Rev 4:5. As the lamps are the churches (Rev 1:20), and as God's throne is in heaven, it can be concluded that this shows the churches are located in heaven.

I believe this argument is in error because it incorrectly assumes that the symbol of the seven lamps must represent the same thing in the two verses. I favor assuming symbols have the same meaning in different scriptures, especially when they occur in the same book, unless there is a good reason not to do so. However, since Rev 4:5 states that the lamps are the seven spirits of God, it seems plausible conclude the symbol in 4:5 is not related to Rev 1:20.

I would like to ask how others might evaluate this argument by dispensationalists.

Thanks,
Pete

outofher

Re: Rev 4:5 Seven lamps of fire burning before the throne

Post by outofher » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:54 am

I see the seven lamps as the overcomers from the 7 churches. They connect to the 2 witness body of overcomers in Zechariah.

Rev 4:5 And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.

lightnings voices thunders is the Lords return it points to the Third Day.

Exo 19:16 And it came to pass on the third day in the morning, that there were thunders and lightnings, and a thick cloud upon the mount, and the voice of the trumpet exceeding loud; so that all the people that was in the camp trembled.
Exo 19:17 And Moses brought forth the people out of the camp to meet with God; and they stood at the nether part of the mount.

Rev 4:5 is the fulfillment of Haggai's prophecy. When the latter house of Israel is glorified.

Rev 4:7 And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle.

v 7 is the camp in the wilderness which is prophetic camp of the saints.

The camp of the saint right now is surrounded

Rev 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
Rev 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

This is talking about the saints that are surrounded by Gog Magog. Gog Magog are the false teachers.

Rev 4 is talking about the church when it is glorified. It is what Ezekiel saw.

Eze 1:28 As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness round about. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. And when I saw it, I fell upon my face, and I heard a voice of one that spake.

This is the latter rain anointing that comes upon the body of overcomers at the Lords return, at tabernacles. Rev 4 is talking about new Jerusalem the Bride when she is revealed in glory.

Rev 4 is the manifest sons when they receive their inheritance.

Eph_1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Rev 4 is the overcomers receiving their inheritance

Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

lightnigs voices thunders is the second coming when the kingdom is given to the saints. The beast rule is over.

Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Rev 11:19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

Return to “Eschatology”