Dispensationalism

End Times
dwight92070

Re: Dispensationalism

Post by dwight92070 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:04 pm

I don't know what to believe as far as a literal antichrist appearing. The rapture is definitely Biblical, but I agree with Steve, that it is the same event as the 2nd coming of Christ. I also agree with him on Daniel's 70th week having already occurred. There's no reason to put a 2000+ year gap between the 69th and 70th week of Daniel, which dispensationalists do. So, if that it true, then that pretty much eliminates the idea of a 7 year tribulation, which Steve has said is not mentioned anywhere in Scripture.

Also I believe Paul is clear that we, the body of Christ, are the true Israel of God. We are the fulfillment of God's promises to Abraham.
Although I respect the nation of Israel, because they are a freedom-loving people, I do not believe that God favors them more than the body of Christ. They are no longer God's chosen people. His chosen people currently are the body of Christ.

I need to listen again to Steve's end-times teachings.

Soulsnaxx

Re: Dispensationalism ~ a short course

Post by Soulsnaxx » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:16 pm

Here's a call to the Narrow Path about this topic:

https://youtu.be/FbSLEWoHo6U

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:40 pm

, I do not believe that God favors them more than the body of Christ. They are no longer God's chosen people. His chosen people currently are the body of Christ.

This is true although some Dispensational teachers teach or imply Jews have some kind of favor, but actually this matter is a straw man issue as its' not "Jews" who anyone with any biblical knowledge really thinks are still God's chosen people. The issue within Dispensationalism is the role the nation of Israel has in connection with the Tribulation, the AntiChrist and the rapture and Second Coming.

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:12 pm

In your mind can a belief in a real future antichrist or a real future rapture ever be separated from dispensationalism?
Not only in my mind, but in the mind of early Christians living almost 2000 years before dispensationalism was invented.
Irenæus (102-202 A.D. wrote antichrist to come as a future event. One can read about this in "Against Heresies", Book 5, Chapters 28-30.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

Return to “Eschatology”