Zechariah 14:3

End Times
thrombomodulin

Re: Zechariah 14:3

Post by thrombomodulin » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:51 am

Doug,

I found the point that the spiritual powers are being judged to be very helpful as well.

I agree that many OT prophecies were not intended to be literal. I had believed a literal and dispensational-futurist approach was correct until I heard the case for a non-literal and preterist approach from Steve's Gregg's teachings on eschatology. Passages which made non-literal use of the sun, moon and stars; and those describing "coming on the clouds", were among the most helpful examples for me in recognizing that bible prophecy was not intended to be interpreted by a literal approach. Thanks for providing some additional examples of difficulties with a literal approach.

Pete

thrombomodulin

Re: Zechariah 14:3

Post by thrombomodulin » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:10 am

TruthInLove

Thanks for your comments on the Jerusalem in verse 2. I still prefer the understanding that Jerusalem in verse 2 is about the apostate Jews in 70 AD as these verses fit well with that occasion.

Thanks for the information on the other thread about the kingdoms of Daniel. I'll read the material on this thread and reply there. This may take a few days given the business of the Christmas holidays.

Pete

Return to “Eschatology”