entering the millenium through good works

End Times
_JeffWall

entering the millenium through good works

Post by _JeffWall » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:26 pm

i have recently been listening to a radio bible teacher say that at the Millenium christians will enter through good works that they have done while here on earth now. all christians will enter eternity later on because they haave been save through grace but they will enter or not enter the millenium based on good works while they were on earth during this time now. he says that paul says i have not yet attained it but i press on......he says that paul didnt even know if he could get into the millenium. some christians will not even get in because of such a lack of good works. there is only one who will sit at the right hand of christ and we all need to be fighting for that position. sights matthew beatitudes they that are merciful will recieve mercy. if you were not merciful here on earth then you wont recieve mercy in the millenium and so forth. this sounds weird to me and was wanting some imput. thankyou
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_Sean

Post by _Sean » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:40 pm

I've heard stuff like that, but not too often. It's a version of Dispensationalism.

I'm asking myself, how did anyone figure this out? I mean, the "millenium" is only discussed explicitly in Revelation chapter 20. And some of those who entered were beheaded (no mention of thier works).

I hope someone else gives you a better answer, because to me it just seems like a fantacy. I mean, how did they get that Paul was pressing on to enter the millenium? Weird.
Reason:
By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another. (John 13:35)

_JeffWall

Post by _JeffWall » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:36 pm

Well, it was the first time i heard this and so with anything NEW i am always cautious. This preacher is very into DOING YOUR BEST WITH YOUR LIFE. he reeally wants to do alot for the Lord while he is hear on earth and comes to the Christian walk with a very military type pragmatism that will do what works. his philosophy then gives birth to his theology which is clearly seen because he always preaches topical sermons and tags a thousand verses on the end to support his view of the christian life and how it should be lived with everything you got. As a result you get this Running for the prize type of theology. i know he read a book somewhere on it but i was just wondering if this is some kind of new type stuff that people were embracing.
Reason:

Return to “Eschatology”