Very Interesting Article re true case of Possession

Angels & Demons
_TK

Very Interesting Article re true case of Possession

Post by _TK » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:25 pm

Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:
"Were not our hearts burning within us? (Lk 24:32)

__id_2622

Post by __id_2622 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:29 pm

Crazy. The article doesn't say whether the demons were successfully cast out though.

One time my husband and I, on our way to grocery store, came upon a homeless woman holding up a typical sign like, 'Need help; Jesus thanks you.' Eric asked her who Jesus was to her and it was like flipping a switch: her eyes glazed over and she started talking in a deep strange voice, saying things like 'I'm Jesus.' and 'We're all gods.' It reminded me of those weird child/demons in The Passion. Creepy, to say the least. We didn't know what to do except slowly back away.

Zoe
Reason:

_darin-houston

Post by _darin-houston » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:35 pm

My wife and I were walking our dog some years ago, and a middle aged otherwise normal-looking man who jogged by us suddenly stopped and turned around and started cussing and yelling and screaming at us -- he turned and jogged away. It was very strange, and though he definitely could have just been "psychologically challenged," we both had an unmistaken feeling that there was something spiritual about it.
Reason:

_TK

Post by _TK » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:13 pm

Zoe- you wondered if they were successful in casting out the demon.

within the text to the link i posted, there is another link to the actual article written by Dr Gallagher from the new oxford review; the whole article was viewable yesterday but today it does not appear to be free. I believe (from what i remember) that he said they were NOT successful in getting it cast out.

I have a very good friend who had an experience with a man in a McDonald's restuarant some time ago; the man was acting funny and my friend something spiritual may have been going on and tried to pray with him and the guy began to manifest very strange behavior. before my friend even told him he would like to pray with him, the guy said "I know who you belong to" (i.e. Jesus). my friend called some of his christian friends to come and help with this guy; the guy ultimately said he had a demon and his name was "Samiel." they prayed for him for some time but without any success in getting the demon out. but as they prayed the guy would grab his throat and act like he was choking. ultimately the police came because the guy was causing a disturbance; they found out that the guy had escaped from a mental hospital in NJ. (we are in Ohio). My friend is convinced the guy's problem was spiritual, not psychological. He did say, like you said, Zoe, that it was a very intimidating and scary experience. He felt an aura of fear around him for several days after that until his small group was able to pray over him and he felt some release.

TK
Reason:

_TK

Post by _TK » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:19 pm

I also wanted to relate a story about what happened to my wife. She went down to Raleigh, NC to visit her daughters and this is when The Passion was in the movie theaters. Anyways, she was taking her daughters and a friend of theirs to see the movie. The theater was the kind where you paid for your tickets at an outside box and then you would go into the theater. They were just getting ready to buy their tickets when a man came out of the theater and told them something to the effect "You dont want to go see that movie- its the worst movie i ever saw." then he walked past them. My wife and the girls were kind of taken aback and were trying to laugh it off; then they turned around to look at the guy and he just wasnt there anymore. it was just a big open space and there was not enough time for him to have walked anywhere where he couldnt be seen. well this freaked them out a little bit; but they in fact did proceed to see the movie. weird.

TK
Reason:

Return to “Angelology & Demonology”