Ministering Spirits?

Angels & Demons
seer

Ministering Spirits?

Post by seer » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:34 pm

Heb.1:13,14
But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool? Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation?
Who/what, are these ministering spirits and how exactly are they serving us?
Thanks to the human heart by which we live, thanks to its tenderness, its joys, and fears, To me the meanest flower that blows can give thoughts that do often lie too deep for tears. Wordsworth

RND

Re: Ministering Spirits?

Post by RND » Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:52 pm

seer wrote:Heb.1:13,14
But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool? Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation?
They are angels.

"All the principalities and powers of the heavenly world are enlisted in the work of ministering for fallen man. Angels are actively engaged in executing God's plans to bring man back from rebellion to reconciliation with God. With intense earnestness they are co-operating with God to bring to man moral efficiency, that in Christ he may be more than conqueror.

Invisible armies of light and power attend the meek and lowly ones who believe and claim the promises of God. Cherubim and seraphim, and angels that excel in strength,--"ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands,"--stand at His right hand, "all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation."

"God has manifested His love to men by making them partners with Himself in the work of salvation. All to whom the heavenly inspiration has come are put in trust with the Gospel. "We are labourers together with God," called to represent Him as ambassadors of love. We are to co-operate with the work of the delegates of heaven. And to us is committed a work which even the angels cannot do. Man must be the channel to communicate with man.

Through the ministration of angels God sends light to His people, and through His people the light is to be given to the world. Man is to be connected with his fellow-men, and as God's instrumentality work in their behalf."
How God’s Love is Manifested, Part 2 by Ellen G. White
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident." Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

You Are Israel
Sabbath Truth
Heavenly Sanctuary

seer

Post by seer » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:21 pm

RND wrote:
seer wrote:Heb.1:13,14
They are angels.

"All the principalities and powers of the heavenly world are enlisted in the work of ministering for fallen man. Angels are actively engaged in executing God's plans to bring man back from rebellion to reconciliation with God. With intense earnestness they are co-operating with God to bring to man moral efficiency, that in Christ he may be more than conqueror.

Invisible armies of light and power attend the meek and lowly ones who believe and claim the promises of God. Cherubim and seraphim, and angels that excel in strength,--"ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands,"--stand at His right hand, "all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation."

"God has manifested His love to men by making them partners with Himself in the work of salvation. All to whom the heavenly inspiration has come are put in trust with the Gospel. "We are labourers together with God," called to represent Him as ambassadors of love. We are to co-operate with the work of the delegates of heaven. And to us is committed a work which even the angels cannot do. Man must be the channel to communicate with man.

Through the ministration of angels God sends light to His people, and through His people the light is to be given to the world. Man is to be connected with his fellow-men, and as God's instrumentality work in their behalf."
How God’s Love is Manifested, Part 2 by Ellen G. White
Well that didn't help much....
Thanks to the human heart by which we live, thanks to its tenderness, its joys, and fears, To me the meanest flower that blows can give thoughts that do often lie too deep for tears. Wordsworth

RND

Post by RND » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:59 pm

seer wrote:Well that didn't help much....
What were you looking for?
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident." Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

You Are Israel
Sabbath Truth
Heavenly Sanctuary

Jason

Post by Jason » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:17 am

RND, I think Jim was referring to your quote from Ellen G White as most of us do not regard her as a true prophet. Not that I disagree with that quote, it's just that we don't regard her words as authoritative. Then again, I don't want to speak on Jim's behalf.

RND

Post by RND » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:31 am

Jason wrote:RND, I think Jim was referring to your quote from Ellen G White as most of us do not regard her as a true prophet. Not that I disagree with that quote, it's just that we don't regard her words as authoritative. Then again, I don't want to speak on Jim's behalf.
If her statement was out of line with scripture, I could see your point. In fact, I wouldn't consider it any more than I would consider any other source. But seeing that her point regarding ministering spirits was very Biblical then I see nothing wrong with it.

BTW, she never considered herself a prophet any more than you might Jason! :D

Also, I don't consider the words of Luther/Calvin/Wesley/White etc., as 'authoritative' either. Great teachers, great insight, great accomplishments.

You Are Israel
Sabbath Truth
Heavenly Sanctuary

Return to “Angelology & Demonology”