The Fight

Angels & Demons
Ian

The Fight

Post by Ian » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:03 am

I am currently reading The Fight, in a pdf document, as recommended by Steve. I have only got to page 39 but felt I just had to post!
I didn`t know for sure that these entities can be departed spirits of people who have lived. And the pastor`s encounter with some of them is enlightening, and dare I say it, encouraging from the perspective of a man like me who hopes that as many as possible will enter glory :

Nobody thinks of the dead, and yet there are billions of them. Their guilt is often not very great if one considers that most of them are pagans not responsible for their ignorance.
Seen in that light, the statement that the world is in bondage to evil takes on much deeper meaning. The apostle’s thought that the whole universe has fallen prey to this power of lying and death is as shattering as the other thought is uplifting: that through Christ’s ultimate victory, creation will be liberated from this bondage.

The hope balloon might burst for me as I read on, but I hope not...

TK

Re: The Fight

Post by TK » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:09 am

i mentioned on the other thread about this book that Blumhardt seemed to be expressing universal reconciliation type ideas or hopes. I have not yet finished the whole book so I am not sure exactly what his theology is on this point.

TK

Return to “Angelology & Demonology”