cursed objects

Angels & Demons
Ian

cursed objects

Post by Ian » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:14 pm

What is the consensus of opinion amongst you about cursed objects around the house? Or even dols? Can they be portals for evil even if they were bought unawares and just sit there? Thanks

Ian

Paidion

Re: cursed objects

Post by Paidion » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:46 pm

What objects around the house do you consider to be cursed? And why?
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

TK

Post by TK » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:56 pm

"Blumhardt's Battle" or 'the Awakening" which Steve has discussed here in the past is a true story regarding an exorcism by a Protestant minister in Germany- in the village of Mottlingen from 1841-1843. It is absolutely fascinating and I must say somewhat frightening. In the story it talks about articles of black magic that were found in floorboards and the walls of the house where the victim lived that seemed to be at least a factor in her possession.

This story caused me to think differently about ghosts (in the story it does appear that a ghost is a departed spirit "in limbo").

A link to this story is below. There was also a separate writing called "Blumhardt's Battle" that gives additional details of the exorcism, again much of which is very frightening to say the least. This used to be available free online but it may not be anymore; I have a saved copy.

If you want me to send it to you by email send me a private message with your email address.

http://healingandrevival.com/awakeningEN.pdf

willowtree

Post by willowtree » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:12 pm

Ian wrote:What is the consensus of opinion amongst you about cursed objects around the house? Or even dols? Can they be portals for evil even if they were bought unawares and just sit there? Thanks

Ian
Since you have qualified the objects around the house as cursed, I would say that these objects can be 'portals of evil' (I like this expression).

The suggestion that they are idols would strengthen this conclusion.

They may have been bought unawares or intentionally. We were given gifts, by well meaning friends, that we considered we should get rid of because of their cultural and pagan significances.

You say they are just sitting there - I think you need to ask yourself, search your own heart, to determine what attraction you have to them. This should give you some idea of what hold they have over you, if any. And this in turn, should help you come to a decision as to whether you should get rid of them.

If they are cursed, then, in my opinion, they are a signal to evil spiritual forces, that your home is welcome territory.

Graeme
If you find yourself between a rock and a hard place, always head for the rock. Ps 62..

dizerner

Post by dizerner » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:15 pm

willowtree wrote:We were given gifts, by well meaning friends, that we considered we should get rid of because of their cultural and pagan significances.
Graeme
This happened to me years ago! An aunt sent me a Native American metal bracelet. I thought nothing of it and left it on the desk. An hour later I felt like I was drowning in some force... still didn't connect this... kept praying... the light went on. Took it to a dumpster and this oppression completely left.

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:23 pm

Well, I'm rather skeptical of "demon-possessed objects."

Biblically speaking, demons indwell people; Jesus cast them out on several occasions.
But there's no record of Him having cast demons out of objects.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

Ian

Post by Ian » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:58 am

I haven`t qualified any objects around our appartment as cursed as such but I want to leave no stone unturned. I believe that my wife`s getting cancer had a spirtual component to it, and in particular that I as her spritual head exposed her to harm by disobedient behaviour. I believe that both our healths have been under attack. One little hint comes from the boy in my school bus with his comments like "what shall we do next time?" just last week (see my post in jaydam`s demon possession recently thread)*. Last evening we discovered that Adriana`s blood tumour markers had doubled since the last measurement. Anxious times.
Me, I`d live between 4 blank walls and with only photographic tools at my disposal. I`ve never bought ornaments, but women like these things as memos of trips. All the objects bar one you see in these 2 photos were brought home by her. The rock was found by me in a deep river gully the day before her cancer operation. It is covered in fossils. Despite the thousands of hours I spend in the mountains I had never really found a fossil, certainly not one as full of them as that piece of rock. I immediately thought "Christ our rock", was greatly encouraged and even took it to the hospital where my wife was waiting in her bed.
My wife is a devout Catholic and prays primarily to Mary, using her rosary beads. When we pray together at bedtime with hands wrapped around a cross, it`s me who does the praying; she seems unable to address God directly, out loud at least. She recognizes Christ is her saviour not Mary, but her devotion to her disturbs me. Is that also a portal? So do more Catholics get ill than devout evangelicals? Hmmm, I suspect not.

http://www.imagesfromthewild.ch/Our%20mantlepieces.htm

*more striking than that - during Adriana`s chemotherapy he would regularly cry out "ohni kotzen!" Translated - without being sick! And that it was "amazing". Sure enough Adriana had minimal side-effects from the chemo (13 sessions) and none of the dreaded nausea and vomiting. Also the timing of when he would say this was often remarkable. One morning when Adie was due for a chemo session, he got into the bus, all sullen and dark-faced, and said quietly "ohne kotzen". I nearly keeled over in surprise.

dizerner

Post by dizerner » Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:39 am

Nothing really looks suspicious except that voodoo doll looking thing, but it's probably okay. Most problem items are from cultures of peoples that practiced some form of idolatry.

crgfstr1

Post by crgfstr1 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:26 pm

Paidion wrote:Well, I'm rather skeptical of "demon-possessed objects."

Biblically speaking, demons indwell people; Jesus cast them out on several occasions.
But there's no record of Him having cast demons out of objects.
I am skeptical too. The only thing that makes me think maybe is Paul's handkerchief. If it can work for the Holy Spirit can it work for others.

TK

Post by TK » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:49 pm

"Well, I'm rather skeptical of "demon-possessed objects."

It's not that the objects themselves are possessed- the question is whether they "open" a pathway.

Ouija board are not possessed, but to dismiss them as harmless would be exceedingly foolish.

In the Blumhardt account I mentioned the objects found under the floorboards were black magic items- pieces of bone, etc.

Return to “Angelology & Demonology”