cursed objects

Angels & Demons
willowtree

Re: cursed objects

Post by willowtree » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:32 pm

dizerner wrote:Nothing really looks suspicious except that voodoo doll looking thing, but it's probably okay. Most problem items are from cultures of peoples that practiced some form of idolatry.
The voodoo doll looking thing would be a problem for me. If there is any doubt at all, I would not gamble my spiritual peace to hold on to it.

Graeme
If you find yourself between a rock and a hard place, always head for the rock. Ps 62..

Ian

Post by Ian » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:07 pm

ok Graeme. I may well implement your suggestion. I had alreadyy binned a more obvious candidate - a metal Hindu mask gifted to us by our trekking agency in Sikkim in 1996.

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:46 pm

I
Hi TK, you wrote:t's not that the objects themselves are possessed- the question is whether they "open" a pathway.
Ouija board are not possessed, but to dismiss them as harmless would be exceedingly foolish.
I think you have it exactly right. The objects open a pathway to the demonic. But the true account that I'm about to relate seems to indicate that in some cases, even the objects are possessed.

My sister-in-law’s friend (we’ll call her “Sue”) was visiting her friend (we’ll call her “Wanda”) at Wanda’s house. They didn’t have anything to do, and so Wanda decided to take down her mother’s ouiji board, and play around with it. To the girls, it was just a game, a pastime. But soon, to their astonishment, answers to their questions were being spelled out. The spellings indicated that there was a spirit causing the spellings. It claimed to be the spirit of a man who had lived centuries before. The spirit said he had been a famous person, spelled out his name, and claimed to have imprisoned. Excitedly, the girls checked a history book, and found that a man with that name had actually existed, although the spelling of the name had been modernized.

The girls then asked the spirit why he had been put into prison. The whole ouiji board began to bounce around, and the girls interpreted this as anger. Finally when it settled down, the spirit asked the girls a question, “Is there still a God?”

No human being would ask such a question. An atheist might ask whether there is a God, but not whether there is STILL a God. But that question might be asked by a demon who once, as an angelic being, experienced God constantly, but after his rebellion and following of Satan, had never experienced God since.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

Ian

Post by Ian » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:09 am

Anyway that item has been dispensed with Graeme.

Return to “Angelology & Demonology”