Why I Don't Believe in The Septuagint

robbyyoung

Re: Why I Don't Believe in The Septuagint

Post by robbyyoung » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:55 pm

Jose wrote:I'm not spooked by the idea that errors have crept into the text, however if one goes too far, one might end up in Bart Ehrnan's camp.
Hi Jose, is this really necessary? Your reply nows leads to accusations against the brethren, geez :roll:
Jose wrote:Just my opinion, but if there is NO WAY to validate the scripture, then one can't even claim that "all that remains is Faith, Hope and Love" because that statement itself is being drawn from the very text that can't be validated.
Correct! It's what we choose to believe, isn't it? Jude quoted Enoch! What does this mean to you? Is it validated scripture or not? But wait, Jude is not around to clarify, is he? My point and contention is that THE ORIGINAL AUDIENCE had all the advantages to truth against OUR SPECULATIONS AND OPINIONS. That's the whole point of faith and hope, because the fact remains we CANNOT validate with 100% certainty the written witness. I, on the other hand, said and believe God has left us enough information to make a decision on what to believe, using the tenants of faith, hope and love, alongside of a consistent and sensible written account.

God Bless.

Jose

Post by Jose » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:35 am

robbyyoung wrote:
Jose wrote:I'm not spooked by the idea that errors have crept into the text, however if one goes too far, one might end up in Bart Ehrnan's camp.
Hi Jose, is this really necessary? Your reply nows leads to accusations against the brethren, geez :roll:
Is what really necessary, Robby? Simply saying that one could easily become an agnostic or perhaps an atheist if one goes too far and begins to doubt the trustworthiness of the scriptures leads to accusations? What kind of accusations? Against who exactly?

robbyyoung

Post by robbyyoung » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:33 am

Jose wrote:
robbyyoung wrote:
Is what really necessary, Robby? Simply saying that one could easily become an agnostic or perhaps an atheist if one goes too far and begins to doubt the trustworthiness of the scriptures leads to accusations? What kind of accusations? Against who exactly?
Hi Jose,

The accusation of moving towards "Mr. Ehrnan's Camp". I, obviously, took this comment to refer to me by reason of your comparable level of tolerance towards errancy in the historical record. However, I'm sure the both of us are not interested in derailing the topic over misunderstandings. I sincerly apologize for any uncalled for consternation.

God Bless.

Return to “General Bible Discussion”