God's Law and Man's Law

JacobMartinMertens

Re: God's Law and Man's Law

Post by JacobMartinMertens » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:37 am

dizerner wrote:
I can be so bold to say that I think you don't understand what it means to be under the Law and what it means to observe or obey it, even by the Spirit of God.
I appreciate your honesty, but everything I said is clearly stated in the Bible. It's also been lived out in my life many years. Bless.
Romans 8:1-4 NASB - 1 Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. 3 For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
John 1:41, 49 NASB - 41 He found first his own brother Simon and said to him, "We have found the Messiah" (which translated means Christ). 49 - Nathanael answered Him, "Rabbi, You are the Son of God; You are the King of Israel."

dizerner

Post by dizerner » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:01 am

JacobMartinMertens wrote:
dizerner wrote:
I can be so bold to say that I think you don't understand what it means to be under the Law and what it means to observe or obey it, even by the Spirit of God.
I appreciate your honesty, but everything I said is clearly stated in the Bible. It's also been lived out in my life many years. Bless.
Romans 8:1-4 NASB - 1 Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. 3 For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
amen

JacobMartinMertens

Post by JacobMartinMertens » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:16 pm

Here are the scriptures in support of Christ commanding us to love one another.

John 13:34 NASB - 34 "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

John 15:12 NASB - 12 "This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you.

John 15:17 NASB - 17 "This I command you, that you love one another.
John 1:41, 49 NASB - 41 He found first his own brother Simon and said to him, "We have found the Messiah" (which translated means Christ). 49 - Nathanael answered Him, "Rabbi, You are the Son of God; You are the King of Israel."

JacobMartinMertens

Post by JacobMartinMertens » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:17 pm

What can we say is the difference between the way we live and what the Law states? Are Christians to observe God's Law? What is God's Law? Can the Law of Moses be used in Evangelism? Can a person instruct someone else in regard to any command found in the Law? Is the Law only to show sin in a person? Is it possible to keep any one law? Can the Law be spoken of as that which is to be observed and obeyed? Does it make a difference if a person is of Israel, a Jew, Jewish, or not? Do some people observe more or less of the Law? Is it good to do better at obeying God's Law? Can anyone today say they observe God's Law? Is it impossible to observe the Law? Do new covenant believers observe the Law? Is the Law of Moses God's Law? Is the law of Christ God's Law? Is there such a thing as new covenant law? Does anyone observe something called new covenant law? How can we minister to those without the law? We are not without the law, either in evangelism or in regard to what we do and how we obey God and His Law or God and Christ.

Do believers obey God's Law? Is it possible to be saved without obeying God or without seeing the need to obey God? Can a person come to faith and then obey God? Is faith obedience to God?

Return to “General Bible Discussion”