Should we observe all the commands from Jesus' ministry?

morbo3000

Re: Should we observe all the commands from Jesus' ministry?

Post by morbo3000 » Wed May 11, 2016 4:16 pm

To clarify that I'm not simply engaging in name calling.
Many presume that troll refers to the ugly monsters who eat people alive, but the term derives from the practice in fishing of dragging a baited hook or lure behind a moving boat (trolling). In other words, trolls are looking for some sucker to bite.

Characteristics
A troll usually has little or no interest in contributing to the development of the site in question.
Pretends to be profoundly ignorant. Makes himself the main topic of interest or discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.
JeffreyLong.net
Jesusna.me
@30thirteen

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Wed May 11, 2016 5:16 pm

Jacob, you wrote: I believe Jesus observed and taught the Law.

Did He observe the Mosaic law when He told the woman caught in adultery that He did not condemn her?
The Pharisees present knew that the Mosaic law said to stone her to death:

They said to him, “Teacher, this woman has been caught in the act of adultery. Now in the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. So what do you say?” (Rom 8:4,5)

So if Jesus had observed the Mosaic law, why did He not say, "The Law is clear. She must be stoned!" and then throw the first stone at her Himself? He went completely against the Mosaic Law by simply saying, "I don't condemn you. Go and don't sin any more."
I also believe 100% Moses' Law is God's Law.
Do you have a rebellious son? If so, when are you going to have him stoned to death?
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

JacobMartinMertens

Post by JacobMartinMertens » Wed May 11, 2016 5:19 pm

Paidion wrote:
Jacob, you wrote: I believe Jesus observed and taught the Law.

Did He observe the Mosaic law when He told the woman caught in adultery that He did not condemn her?
The Pharisees present knew that the Mosaic law said to stone her to death:

They said to him, “Teacher, this woman has been caught in the act of adultery. Now in the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. So what do you say?” (Rom 8:4,5)

So if Jesus had observed the Mosaic law, why did He not say, "The Law is clear. She must be stoned!" and then throw the first stone at her Himself? He went completely against the Mosaic Law by simply saying, "I don't condemn you. Go and don't sin any more."
I also believe 100% Moses' Law is God's Law.
Do you have a rebellious son? If so, when are you going to have him stoned to death?
Jesus was the only one left. His not condemning her was not contradictory to the Law at all.

I am not married, so I have no children.
John 1:41, 49 NASB - 41 He found first his own brother Simon and said to him, "We have found the Messiah" (which translated means Christ). 49 - Nathanael answered Him, "Rabbi, You are the Son of God; You are the King of Israel."

morbo3000

Post by morbo3000 » Wed May 11, 2016 6:42 pm

I fed the troll. Jacob is just playing games. It's all laid out in this interaction.

In a private conversation, Jacob asked me this question:
Jacob said: I do not know why you feel you should have anything against me.
I said: Tell me, what was Steve's critique of you today?
Jacob said: I was not on the radio today.
I said: Follow this link.
http://theos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f= ... 1&start=20
Jacob said: You can see this.
I said: What was Steve's critique of you today? In that post? If you are uncertain why I would have anything against you, look in Steve's response to you and tell me what he has against you. Type a summary to me.
Jacob said: I don't understand what you believe he has against me nor why you would have anything against me.
I said: The answer is found in his message at 10:04 today.

What did he say? What did it mean?
Jacob said: You can read what he said. I believe you have said he has something against me, and that you are asking me what he meant.

Do you have anything against me?
I replied: I will answer your question only if you will paraphrase what Steve said at 10:04 today.
Jacob replied: I am sorry, but Steve's words are not my words.
When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.
JeffreyLong.net
Jesusna.me
@30thirteen

morbo3000

Post by morbo3000 » Thu May 12, 2016 1:24 pm

Jacob, I am sorry for the things I said about you. Having spoke with you in private messages I don't believe you have the motives I thought I saw.

JeffreyLong.net
Jesusna.me
@30thirteen

JacobMartinMertens

Post by JacobMartinMertens » Thu May 12, 2016 1:34 pm

morbo3000 wrote:Jacob, I am sorry for the things I said about you. Having spoke with you in private messages I don't believe you have the motives I thought I saw.

Thank you. God bless you.
John 1:41, 49 NASB - 41 He found first his own brother Simon and said to him, "We have found the Messiah" (which translated means Christ). 49 - Nathanael answered Him, "Rabbi, You are the Son of God; You are the King of Israel."

Return to “General Bible Discussion”