Re: Pharmakos/φάρμακος usage in Septuagint, NT and Ap father

Post by njd83 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:14 am

But why would he go down there if no one's down there

He led captivity captive but no one's captive down there

I'm being funny =)

njd83

Post by njd83 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:18 am

Hey Paidion would you pray for me and I'll pray for you?

Not completely about this psuche topic, just in general.

It's says to pray for one another

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:00 pm

There WAS somebody there when He led captivity captive. I think the following passage describes it:

For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit, in which he went and proclaimed to the spirits in prison, because they formerly did not obey, when God’s patience waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through water. (1 Peter 3:18-20)

After Christ died, God raised him alive both in flesh and spirit (only Jesus had a pre-incarnate spirit that dwelled in a human body) and thus Christ was made alive in his spirit. When He was on earth his spirit was confined to his body; after He was raised, He became the life-giving spirit (1 Cor 15:45). It was the same spirit of Christ that set free the disobedient spirits in prison during the days of Noah. I think those were the spirits of the Nephilim whose fathers were angels and whose mothers were human. No one else existed after death, or will exist prior to their resurrection.

Thank you, njd, for your invitation to mutual prayer. I will remember you before the throne of grace. What is your age? Do you have family? I am 78. My first precious wife died in 1997 from complications arising from Sjogren's Syndrome—a rare disease. Two of our three biological children survived and we adopted three more. Then I was blessed to be remarried in 1999 to another wonderful woman. Both wives were 4 years younger than I.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

njd83

Post by njd83 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:49 pm

I am 33. not married. two sons though. painful not doing it right =(

Thank you for the prayer, I personally believe its one of those things God is well-pleased with, like doing good and sharing Hebrews 13:16,

and people can improve/increase much better/faster with more mutual prayer / agreement / intercession

Its actually exciting to have faith to get prayers answered, and to progress towards obtaining them
pray for one another” (James 5:16, NASB95)
that they might always make progress through believing in Him, and by means of the [successive] covenants, should gradually attain to perfect salvation. -Irenaeus - Book 4 - Chapter 9 - verse 3
God bless

Return to “General Bible Discussion”