Christian Bill of Rights?

Right & Wrong
21centpilgrim

Christian Bill of Rights?

Post by 21centpilgrim » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:57 pm

American Christians can at times tend to elevate their constitutional rights to the level of being biblical mandates. ie. 2nd amendment.
Are there NT 'rights' so to speak of? If so what would they be?
Or is it to follow Christ and lay down our rights, like modeled by Christ, ala Phil.2?

Thanks.
Then those who feared the LORD spoke with each other, and the LORD listened to what they said. In his presence, a scroll of remembrance was written to record the names of those who feared him and loved to think about him.

steve

Re: Christian Bill of Rights?

Post by steve » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:19 am

Here are a few of the rights that I claim for myself and all Christians:

1. The right to serve God acceptably without fear—even if we are killed for doing so (Luke 1:74)

2. The right to follow our consciences before God in disputed matters (Rom.14:1-5)

3. The right to use the name and authority of Christ in accessing the throne of God with our petitions (John 16:23/Heb.10:19-22)

4. The right to suffer for His name's sake (Phil/1:29)

robbyyoung

Re: Christian Bill of Rights?

Post by robbyyoung » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:37 pm

steve wrote:Here are a few of the rights that I claim for myself and all Christians:

1. The right to serve God acceptably without fear—even if we are killed for doing so (Luke 1:74)

2. The right to follow our consciences before God in disputed matters (Rom.14:1-5)

3. The right to use the name and authority of Christ in accessing the throne of God with our petitions (John 16:23/Heb.10:19-22)

4. The right to suffer for His name's sake (Phil/1:29)
I like it Steve! But I guess we could create a "long list" as well. Your short list is a hard hitting start and possible finish ;) .

God Bless!

Return to “Ethics”