I think I've Sinned........

Right & Wrong
dizerner

Re: I think I've Sinned........

Post by dizerner » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:07 pm

[user account removed]
Last edited by dizerner on Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jepne

Post by Jepne » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:29 pm

That's a great quote Homer - and I love Paidion's response, and some of the others' as well.

It does take humility to argue well, telling the truth as one sees it, in a loving manner. We're certainly going to have to behave respectfully if we are ever in a place like heaven.

That is a good question to ask myself when I write on the internet - if my post shows love and respect for the reader....
"Anything you think you know about God that you can't find in the person of Jesus, you have reason to question.” - anonymous

jriccitelli

Post by jriccitelli » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:36 pm

Thats true Jepne, I wonder how our debates would go if we were all in the same room around a cup of coffee (or beer?). I am seriously trying to arrange a theological meet up group in our area where 'any' bible or doctrine can be brought up and discussed, much like here on internet forums. I know debate classes exist in College, but why does it have to stop there? (There is sometimes an element to compromise or conform in that forum to) A friend i have does a critical thinking group once a month that invites all kinds of debates, sometimes theological, but usually philosophical and Political points. It always does center around God, or no God, arguments, but the group has a good balance of Atheists, Agnostics, spiritualists, liberals, and Christians. And we have a really great discussion, and it always ends with everyone having a great time, friendly, shaking hands, hugs, and they usually all come back! It helps everyone see that we don't agree on everything, and yet more often than not, agree on most things. I feel discussion creates peace more often than differences.

These are believers and non believers, it wonder if is more difficult with believers and believers? Anyways I hope a church around here will facilitate this for us. Or we may just rent a community center.

On the topic of books, well I did finally dump about 100 (of 400) old Christian teaching cassette tapes in the trash, me and my wife must both have hundreds each. Most the sermons are online, and tapes often don't work well anymore, sad though just the same.

Return to “Ethics”