Job Interview

Right & Wrong
_postpre

Job Interview

Post by _postpre » Mon May 19, 2008 5:43 pm

Hello everyone,

I was recently laid off from my job as a Pharmaceutical Sales Rep and am on the job hunt. Tomorrow I have a phone screen scheduled with another Pharmaceutical company (FYI, I would not work for many Pharm companies because of ethical reasons, but the products that this company sells can be beneficial, IMO). A recruiter helped set up tomorrow's phone interview and attempted to prep me in advance with some potential questions that I might be asked.

One thing troubled me however. She told me that she knew a few questions that I would be asked (I suppose from experience) and communicated them to me clearly. She said something like, "just keep this between you and me, but you'll probably be asked..... because I know." When she did this, I felt guilty for knowing what the phone screener would ask. I immediately thought, then this would give me an unfair advantage over others. I am thinking about cancelling tomorrow's interview and pursuing other job leads.

Although it is true that you can probably find various phone screening questions elsewhere online (and maybe other recruiters are doing the same thing), do you think I should still keep the interview for tomorrow? It does seem like a decent job (with far less out of state training than other companies).

Thanks.

Brian
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_Michelle

Post by _Michelle » Mon May 19, 2008 7:08 pm

Brian,

I think it's awesome that you have such a tender conscience. In my opinion, I don't think you have an unfair advantage because it's still how you answer the questions that makes the difference, unless they are testing you to see how well you think on your feet. If that's the case, you'll probably be asked some questions that you aren't aware are coming up and your abilities, or lack thereof, will become apparent. I think you should keep the appointment and do the best you can. If it still bothers you when one of the questions you were tipped off about comes up, you can say that you knew that was going to be asked, then give your answer.

I'll pray that the Lord leads you a job quickly!

Michelle
Reason:

_postpre

Post by _postpre » Mon May 19, 2008 8:15 pm

Michelle,

Thanks for your perspective. The more that I contemplate the situation the more I think you are right. The enemy really knows how to zero in on my weaknesses and cause me to fear the disapproval of God.

Brian
Reason:

Return to “Ethics”