christian cults/errors

Right & Wrong
_Anonymous

christian cults/errors

Post by _Anonymous » Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:34 pm

HI,

I was raised in a penecostal/charismatic church....Seems when I was younger the penecostal christians were NOT so worldly as they are today.
All you hear is money, prosperity, self, BLESS ME!!! Oh, and IF you are not healed its a lack of faith and of speaking incorrectly, because afterall
GOD will do according to your words????????

I am slowly moving away from these denominations/nondenominations
and of course with that comes criticism from family/friends.....
I feel as tho' I had been in a cult at times.... I believe in miracles, healings, tongues and that GOD IS the same yesterday, today and forever.

Thank you for your radio program Steve and the MANY of you that
are lovers of truth in this forum.............. Any comments appreciated
I need some encouragement...........

Friend
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_Anonymous

Post by _Anonymous » Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:00 am

The bible says "Philippians 1

9And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, "

So that we may be able to discern what is best.

all you hear is money, prosperity, self, BLESS ME!!! Oh, and IF you are not healed its a lack of faith and of speaking incorrectly, because afterall
GOD will do according to your words????????
Prosperity theology is a disease that is infesting alot of already overly-charismatic churches. Do not even go near such churches. If it is a matter of alot of emphasis being placed on victory, instead of Christs death there is nothing essentially non-doctrinal about that. but if you get into "Word of Faith" Sorta stuff. If you here anyone speaking like Joel Osteen, Joyce Meyer, T.D Jakes, Benny hinn, and other major false prophets of this age be very weary and stay away from such things.

Should we stay away from church? Paul struggled with the same thing, Galatians 2"4This matter arose because some false brothers had infiltrated our ranks to spy on the freedom we have in Christ Jesus and to make us slaves. 5We did not give in to them for a moment, so that the truth of the gospel might remain with you. "

Infiltration, wouldn't that be a good word to describe such cult/movements.

Secondly if a Christian LEADER amongst a church teaches false doctrine that opposes the gospel of truth. John even says 2 John 1"
10If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take him into your house or welcome him. 11Anyone who welcomes him shares in his wicked work. "

that those "drones" of a church who just incessantly attend such churches are they held accountable? Well God clearly gave us his truth to discern his truth. Paul WARNS us many times that such men will come brining forth other gospels. You will even hear such men say "Oh I feel it coming! God called me to this! THis was revealed by an angel!"

Who cares! If the angel of gabriel himself comes down and gives you another gospel.

Gal 1:No Other Gospel

6I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel-- 7which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! 9As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!

Notice it says "preaching to you", if any one preaches a new gospel among you let him be anathema!

Anyway you get the idea. Don't give up on church though, just keep searching! its tough I know but do not think prosperity theology is a matter of denomination or church. it is a matter of nonbiblical teaching versus biblical teaching.

If Steve Disagrees i'm sure he'll let me know.

but let me say this, if you come across any such theology that seems to make man more God like through anything be skeptical of such theology. the cause of almost all sin in this world is mans desire to be God. And already such cults of started from that. Checkout Mormonism where you literally do become God. Checkout Hinduism. Checkout postmodernism [where you literally are the author of your existence] and your own God. I suggest looking at some websites on Word-faith movement and Prosperity theology, and such people. And if you see your friends falling into belief in such things please let them know

Take care Friend!

<3 always In Christ,
Steven.

[/i]
Reason:

_Anonymous

christian cults/errors

Post by _Anonymous » Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:29 am

Thank you so much for your time and encouragement through scripture.
I am desiring truth and yes I have searched the websites alot. Wesites such as Benny Hinn, TBN, Joyce Meyer and more.

GOD BLESS you with peace and joy!
Reason:

Return to “Ethics”