lodging non christian people

Right & Wrong
_Anonymous

lodging non christian people

Post by _Anonymous » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:00 pm

Steve,

I have not been a christian walking with GOD alot of years so I hope this is not a "dumb" question.

I have a friend who I have witnessed to and known for quite awhile.
She says she rec'd CHRIST in a small church (nazarene) but has since
been a J. Witness, new ager and now she likes the Buddhist religion.
I briefly spoke to her about JESUS being the only that gave of HIS precious life for mankind, no other god has done so...She thinks Buddhist
religion is similiar to christianity....I told her NO it is not with speaking scripture to her...
QUESTION:

She was a neighbor I have sinced move and when she drives thru my town (which is rare) is it acceptable to the LORD to have her spend the night and show her hospitality?

God Bless,
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_Rae

Post by _Rae » Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:05 am

I guess one clarifying question would be, are you female?
Reason:

_Steve

Post by _Steve » Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:20 pm

Dear friend/guest,
It is quite acceptable to have your friend stop by and visit, if such visits do not result in confusion and weakening of your own convictions. It is true that John advises a lady not even to allow certain heretics into her house (2 John 10), but this is referring not simply to people who hold wrong religious ideas, but specifically to itinerant teachers of false doctrine. John's concern is that the Christian not "aid and abet" those who going about to corrupt the doctrine of the church by granting them lodging. John says that to do so is to cooperate with them and to become a partaker of their evil deeds (2 John 11). This would not apply to lodging a personal friend, who simply has religiously-confused notions. Your hospitality to her can be a godly thing, and may eventually lead her to the truth (2 Tim.2:24-26).

You should be aware that Christianity and Buddhism are not very similar. They may overlap on some ethical teachings, but the essence of Christianity is not the loftiness of its moral teachings, but the loftiness of its Master. In Buddhism, there is no visit of God to earth to die for man's redemption (indeed, there is no God, necessarily, in Buddhism), no salvation and no forgiveness of sins. Buddhism's concept of Karma is absolutely unforgiving. There is no forgiveness in karma, only another lifetime of suffering for mistakes made in past lifetimes, and a dependence upon good works and religious rituals to try to reduce the effects of today's bad karma in a future incarnation. In this, there is no resemblance to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If you can show these things to your friend, she may realize the uniqueness of Christ and return to Him.

God bless you.
Last edited by FAST WebCrawler [Crawler] on Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason:
In Jesus,
Steve

_Anonymous

non christian people

Post by _Anonymous » Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:41 pm

thank you Steve for your comments.

Rae, I am female and married and my friend is female.
Reason:

Return to “Ethics”