The God Who Washes Feet

RND

The God Who Washes Feet

Post by RND » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:13 pm

In the painting shown above Jesus is either getting ready to wash the feet of Osama Bin Laden just as soon as He finishes washing the feet of Koffee Annan, the former Secretary General of the United Nations, or He has just finished washing the feet of Osama Bin Laden, the so-called "Arch-villain of the Republic!" Amazing!

Would God really wash the feet of His enemies? Would your God really wash the feet of your enemies?

I suppose the answer truly lies in whether you believe God would wash your feet!

Romans 5:10
For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

If you believe that God would wash your feet, but not the feet of your enemies or His enemies, then you more than likely serve a god much different than the God I serve. But, on the other hand, if you have faith in what Jesus actually does, which is to wash the feet of the very man that would later betray Him then you have a fairly good grasp on the character and nature of our Heavenly Father.

Romans 5:8
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident." Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

You Are Israel
Sabbath Truth
Heavenly Sanctuary

Murf

Re: The God Who Washes Feet

Post by Murf » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:44 pm

Jesus washed the Disciples feet because their feet were dirty. Jesus was demonstrating for His disciples that they too would be called to serve not rule over The Church.

If anyone in the painting wants to going God's Kingdom then God has already done much more for them than cleaning their feet.
tim

RND

Re: The God Who Washes Feet

Post by RND » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:12 pm

Murf wrote:Jesus washed the Disciples feet because their feet were dirty. Jesus was demonstrating for His disciples that they too would be called to serve not rule over The Church.
Leading by example. God leads by example.
If anyone in the painting wants to going God's Kingdom then God has already done much more for them than cleaning their feet.
Indeed. He provided the One that reveals God's true character and the One who leads by example. "And since I, the Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you ought to wash each other's feet."

If God Himself would willingly bow down and humble Himself to the point of washing the feet of His friends, even the friend's He knew would abandon and betray Him, then what am I to do to those that would abandon and betray me?

Wash their feet.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident." Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

You Are Israel
Sabbath Truth
Heavenly Sanctuary

Return to “Worldview”