The Mayan Pyramid of Consciousness

Josh

The Mayan Pyramid of Consciousness

Post by Josh » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:49 pm

Hello everyone. I'm extremely excited to finally get to post my first topic! Due to my lack of experience, i was puzzled when trying to figure out which thread this topic should be under...New Age Spirituality, Evolution/Creation, Other, or Worldview?? I chose Worldview :D So sorry if it's the wrong thread!

Here's the question:

Has anyone done any research on the whole Mayan Pyramid of Consciousness belief?
What is the big picture and what are it's flaws?

One of my uncles just passed away and my cousins are being comforted by a guy who highly believes in this. It feels like he's using this death to minister this belief.

Thank you guys much!

steve7150

Re: The Mayan Pyramid of Consciousness

Post by steve7150 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:18 pm

Has anyone done any research on the whole Mayan Pyramid of Consciousness belief?
What is the big picture and what are it's flaws?

I know nothing about it so i googled it and the first article was by Jim Pathfinder Ewing. He mentioned a couple of things that caught my eye like "Christ Conscienceness" and that the end of the world predicted by the Mayan calender is Oct 2011 not 2012.
I know "Christ conscienceness" is a new age belief , i think similar to gnosticism where you get secret special revelation which may be symbolized by the tip of the pyramid.
The other thing was the end of the world date of Oct 2011, same as Harold Camping believes, who knows? Also he said the ascension would be earlier and also Camping believes a rapture of Christians in May 2011 and a 5 month tribulation.
Sorry but i don't know anymore at the moment, BTW are you a Christian and also welcome to this forum whether you're Christian or not.

Josh

Post by Josh » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:01 am

Yes i am a christian, a follower of Christ. I just love understanding people clearly. I also know that i'll probably end up in a conversation with my cousin about this stuff sometime soon. As far as i know, he is not a believer but is a very good hearted kid.

I got the chance to talk to this guy some more about his beliefs. He showed me a notebook where he kept alot of his notes. He definitely believes that all religions are pointing to the same thing..this consciousness. I asked him what he thought of Christ and he said that ALL Christ wanted, was for us to be "One". Even though he didn't say it directly, i got the impression that the big picture he was trying to paint was that we other "are" God, that we are all individual pieces of His consciousness, or we're at least a portion. I read some of that article you read as well this paragraph was EXACTLY what he was describing:

"We Are Climbing Steps of Consciousness
To understand the Mayan Calendar, one has only to look at a Mayan Pyramid. To the Mayans, their pyramids were monuments to Creation as it unfolds and the Divine and humankind's place in time. The Mayan pyramids are "step" pyramids because each "step" represents the Ascension of humankind. Each is a level of consciousness and each can be accurately measured. Each "step" has 13 equal parts: seven days and six nights, just as in the Christian Bible's story of Creation. Except that in Mayan Calendar, as represented in the Mayan Pyramid, Creation didn't stop. It starts from the beginning, the lowest or first level, and keeps on going through the "Now", into the End Times, step by step. And they all interlock.
"

What was very intriguing was that he didn't call the top, or "end" of the pyramid the End Times, but that 2012 is the year when Creation will be complete, and we will have reached our full level of consciousness. It's intelligent design.

I feel like this belief strips away the personality out of God. It strips the "hope" out of the humanity on the lower portion of the pyramid who die and don't get to be a part of the final creation. And i wish i could ask him what happens if a meteor struck earth tomorrow? Was that meteor bigger than their God?

henbietha

Post by henbietha » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:46 am

How do i complete this Regular triangular pyramid geometry question? I need to find the Surface Area, Lateral Area and Volume of a regular triangular pyramid with a base of 10 and ht of 12?

Return to “Worldview”