A Muslim encounters Christianity

dizerner

Re: A Muslim encounters Christianity

Post by dizerner » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:13 pm

[user account removed]
Last edited by dizerner on Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

nancyer

Post by nancyer » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:00 am

jriccitelli wrote:I wish i could believe more Muslims are coming to faith in Jesus, than are 'christians' converting to Islam. More Christians need to be able to explain their own faith and the differences between our faith and Islam. I will post a video link under the Trinity discussion that shows why believers need to understand, believe and explain the Divinity of Jesus.

Nancyer, if you are interested in Muslim converts, there is a book i enjoyed alot: Bilquis Sheikh wrote her real story 'I dared to call Him Father'; a relationship with Allah that Islam cannot seem to relate to. Bilquis grew up as a Muslim in Pakistan. Not only was this book about Islam and the bible, but it was about a woman and God - and what 'every' person could glean from this testimony was Bilquis's desire to stay in this deep passion for Gods presence. This book is just one woman's story, but it gets to the heart of it all.

I hope this book is available still, I can't find mine, but it was a story anyone could understand and love, one of my top five favorite books. Because I enjoyed this book so much I read more than four chapters a night.
Thank you so much. I will see if I can find it. I don't have a Kindle, as PR commented about, I'm 'old school' and still prefer real pages, but I will try to find it. Sounds fascinating.

nancyer

Post by nancyer » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:17 pm

[quote="jriccitelli"]I
Nancyer, if you are interested in Muslim converts, there is a book i enjoyed alot: Bilquis Sheikh wrote her real story 'I dared to call Him Father'; a relationship with Allah that Islam cannot seem to relate to. Bilquis grew up as a Muslim in Pakistan. /quote]

Jriccitelli,

I have requested the book and Barnes & Noble called yesterday to say it is in. My library couldn't get it. I'll look it over and then decide if I'll buy it, funds are rather tight, but I'll certainly check it out. Thanks.

Singalphile

Post by Singalphile » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:49 am

I finished Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus. Very short review:

There's some good insight into a normal, religious, Muslim family, how they view God, the Koran and related books, and how they deal with the violent Muslim sects or sections of the Koran or Muslim history. They are taught that all Muslim wars were/are defensive, for example. They tend to equate American with Christian. In one instance, an older Muslim can't understand that some Americans are atheists. She just retorts that those are just "Christians who don't believe in God" (quoting from memory). So they view Christianity as very amoral. This is reinforced by their view of the emphasis of forgiveness in Christianity, which they regard as providing license for any and all immorality.

There's plenty more, and it's definitely a worthwhile read, especially if you have any contact with Muslims, I would think.
Last edited by Singalphile on Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
... that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. John 5:23

nancyer

Post by nancyer » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:08 pm

Singalphile wrote:I finished Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus. Very short review:

There's some good insight into a normal religious, Muslim family, how they view God, the Koran and related books, and how they deal with the violent Muslim sects or sections of the Koran or Muslim history. They are taught that all Muslim wars were/are defensive, for example. They tend to equate American with Christian. In one instance, an older Muslim can't understand that some Americans are atheists. She just retorts that those are just "Christians who don't believe in God" (quoting from memory). So they view Christianity as very amoral. This is reinforced by their view of the emphasis of forgiveness in Christianity, which they regard as providing license for any and all immorality.

There's plenty more, and it's definitely a worthwhile read, especially if you have any contact with Muslims, I would think.
Excellent review. I think the book shows a real Muslim family as real people, loving each other, treating others with respect and kindness where as most Americans seem to have a dislike and fear of Muslims because they are Muslims. Period. No real rationale. I like the points Nabeel's friend gave in favor of Christianity and then Nabeel's questions, of both Christianity and Islam. An education as well as enjoyable, well written reading. Glad you liked it as well.

Singalphile

Post by Singalphile » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:59 pm

Thank you, nancyer, for the recommendation! :)
... that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. John 5:23

Choosethisday

Post by Choosethisday » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:40 pm

Nancy, thanks for recommending the book. I just ordered the Nook version and look forward to reading it. My wife (also a Nancy), and I, have been involved with the Perspectives on the World Christian Movement and have heard a great deal about the moving of the Spirit within the Muslim world. Maybe some day the Muslim nations will be the center of Christianity and sending missions to all the pagans in the US and other post Christian nations.

nancyer

Post by nancyer » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:45 pm

I do so hope you enjoy the book. Gave me a whole new insight and understanding. Let me know what you think.

Choosethisday

Post by Choosethisday » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:04 pm

Nancy, I finished the book yesterday. Very, very good book. My Nancy is now reading it as well. I have added two more prayers to my already somewhat long prayer list, the first being that Nabeel's family will accept Jesus as their savior and the second that I will have some Muslims come into my life so I can begin the long process of planting the seed of the Gospel in their lives. Thanks again for recommending the book.
Don

nancyer

Post by nancyer » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:53 pm

Hey, Don, I'm so glad you enjoyed the book, and I hope your Nancy does too. Excellent prayers. May God's will send these people your way and reach Nabeel's family's heart.

In Christ,

Nancy

Return to “Worldview”