A Muslim encounters Christianity

nancyer

A Muslim encounters Christianity

Post by nancyer » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:38 am

I thought I'd posted this previously but couldn't find it anywhere so I guess I haven't.

I recently finished a book called Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus; A devout Muslim encounters Christianity (Author, Nabeel Quereshi) . Incredibly good book. Couldn't put it down. A young Pakistani man, raised here in the states in a loving, close, devout Muslim family begins studying the Bible & the Quran, debating a Christian friend. What he discovers is life changing for him. You'll get a great view of both Islam and Christianity from both sides. I have already gone back and reread several chapters.

If anyone here would like to discuss it, I'd be happy to as well.

Singalphile

Re: A Muslim encounters Christianity

Post by Singalphile » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:00 pm

That sounds very good.

Edit: My local library has it! :)
... that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. John 5:23

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:29 am

You can hear the author speak for nearly 2 hours on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaYR4G7oRiw
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

Singalphile

Post by Singalphile » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:55 am

Neat. I just remembered something similar that I heard about on Greg Koukl's Stand to Reason show and it turns out that he interviewed the same guy, which I listened to here: http://www.str.org/podcasts/weekly-audi ... 90JP6NsbAw

Still going to get the book. (Just found out that my library card is expired so I have to go in and renew, though.) :)
... that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. John 5:23

nancyer

Post by nancyer » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:18 pm

Paidion wrote:You can hear the author speak for nearly 2 hours on youtube:

Thank you, I will absolutely check that out.

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:39 pm

You can hear the author speak for nearly 2 hours on youtube:

Paidion

Listened to him and thought it was excellent. It's amazing how a convert to Jesus can sound so much more passionate then folks in the faith a long time.

nancyer

Post by nancyer » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:00 pm

Thank you for the links to Nabeel Qureshi speaking at Georgia Tech. He's a very good speaker. Easy to understand without talking down to anyone. Most of this is in the book, almost word for word in fact, as the gentleman who introduced him said, his book was soon to be released. I'll have to watch interviews or talks done since the book has come out. Maybe there will be other questions raised and answered. Very interesting.

Again, thank you.

Nancyer

nancyer

Post by nancyer » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:05 pm

Listened to him and thought it was excellent. It's amazing how a convert to Jesus can sound so much more passionate then folks in the faith a long time.[/quote]

Maybe it is that when you've believed something for so long it just becomes a part of you. I'm not saying long time Christians don't think about Christianity but perhaps some no longer have the fire burning to get out like "newbies" do. Or the excitement of learning.

Just my humble opinion, of course.

jriccitelli

Post by jriccitelli » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:23 am

I wish i could believe more Muslims are coming to faith in Jesus, than are 'christians' converting to Islam. More Christians need to be able to explain their own faith and the differences between our faith and Islam. I will post a video link under the Trinity discussion that shows why believers need to understand, believe and explain the Divinity of Jesus.

Nancyer, if you are interested in Muslim converts, there is a book i enjoyed alot: Bilquis Sheikh wrote her real story 'I dared to call Him Father'; a relationship with Allah that Islam cannot seem to relate to. Bilquis grew up as a Muslim in Pakistan. Not only was this book about Islam and the bible, but it was about a woman and God - and what 'every' person could glean from this testimony was Bilquis's desire to stay in this deep passion for Gods presence. This book is just one woman's story, but it gets to the heart of it all.

I hope this book is available still, I can't find mine, but it was a story anyone could understand and love, one of my top five favorite books. Because I enjoyed this book so much I read more than four chapters a night.

PR

Post by PR » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:35 am

JR, that book, I Dared to Call Him Father, is available on Amazon Kindle...

http://www.amazon.com/Dared-Call-Him-Fa ... 922&sr=1-1
Last edited by PR on Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Worldview”