Fear tactics used to reinforce deception.

_foc

Post by _foc » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:08 pm

Mods, please let me know if I need to change anything in this article to make iit more acceptible for the forums here.
This is very crucial for folks to see this as it shows how some teachers operate using fear and confusion to push their error upon the brethren.
I'll make alterations if necessary, but please give me the chance to do so myself so that I can keep the points intact.
wm

======================================================

REaders, check out the last paragraph here;
http://truthinheart.com/EarlyOberlinCD/ ... rriage.htm
We got this from a link from a website.
Let me ask you one more time in light of that great day or Judgment and all the evidence for lifetime marriage: Do You Have Any Doubts About Remarriage? Remember the burden of PROOF does not lie on me, to show beyond a doubt the absolute unlawfulness of the thing. If we have shown sufficient reason to question its lawfulness, and to create a valid doubt whether it is according to the will of God, the burden of proof is shifted to the other side. And unless you can remove the doubt], and show that there is no room for doubt, you have no right to continue remarried (or allowing it), and if you do, you sin against God.
Go back to the top of that page. Heres the basis for his arguments.
"He who doubts is damned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith, and anything not from faith is sin." Romans 14: 23

Later he presents;
Whether it is lawful itself, is not the question. If he doubts its lawfulness, it is wrong in him.
So, all this person has to do is hound you until he causes you to question and instantly you are sinning.

This is such a deceptive load of nonsense.
This person is playing on a person even questioning a scenario, distorting the intent of scripture to try to trick the unstudied remarried christian into divorce.
With this kind of false teacher about, its no wonder some who post here ditched out on their covenant spouses.

The illogic used in that article can be used in so many other areas of life that anything that any of us have second thoughts about would immediately be sin and a sentence of eternal hell.

Using the same train of thought that false teacher does who wrote that page, we could start saying that many things in life are now a judgement for eternal hell since this person shows that anything we do where we arent 100% convinced of their 'lawfulness' is immediately a judgment of eternal damnation.

Lets examine a few.

-Coffee (ever 'question' if caffiene is something God is ok with? if so, youre going to hell because your drinking it isnt in complete faith). Remember the burden of PROOF does not lie on this guy to prove the unlawfulness of anything, all he has to do is cause you to question and immediately you are going to hell unless you change the situation.

-TV Dinners (Ever 'question' if God is unhappy about eating something that is packed with unhealthy additives, fat and cholesterol? Guess what, youre going to hell because you arent eating in faith). Remember the burden of PROOF does not lie on this guy to prove the lawfulness of anything, all he has to do is cause you to question and immediately you are going to hell unless you change the situation.

-TV (ever 'question' whether or not God approves of watching TV in any capacity at all, possibly because the time would be better spent doing more 'godly' things? Yup, youre going to hell now according to this deceitful writer because you questioned whether or not this is ok with God, so now youre not watching in faith). Remember the burden of PROOF does not lie on this guy to prove the lawfulness of anything, all he has to do is cause you to question and immediately you are going to hell unless you change the situation.

-Your Job (ever 'question' whether or not God wants you in your present job? Well, guess what, that means you are going to hell by this persons judgment because you arent working this job in 100% faith that it is Gods will for your life). Remember the burden of PROOF does not lie on this guy to prove the lawfulness of anything, all he has to do is cause you to question and immediately you are going to hell unless you change the situation.

-Secular Music of any sort (ever ask yourself if its ok to listen to any kind of secular music? Guess what, youre going to hell because you questioned it at some point so you're not listening in faith). Remember the burden of PROOF does not lie on this guy to prove the lawfulness of anything, all he has to do is cause you to question and immediately you are going to hell unless you change the situation.

-Long hair / Short hair (ever questioned the passage in 1 Corinthians about hair length for men and women? (well if you have and youre a woman with short hair or a man with long hair and you wonder about that passage, you are going to hell unless you either cut your hair short if youre a man or grow it long if youre a woman). Remember the burden of PROOF does not lie on this guy to prove the lawfulness of anything, all he has to do is cause you to question and immediately you are going to hell unless you change the situation.

-Like Lord of the Rings ? (well if you do and you have ever wondered about whether or not God approves of fantasy writing youre going to hell according to this writer because you arent reading in faith). Remember the burden of PROOF does not lie on this guy to prove the lawfulness of anything, all he has to do is cause you to question and immediately you are going to hell unless you change the situation.

-Does God approve of you watching football? Nascar races? How about playing monopoly? Cards? Does God approve of wearing lipstick? cologne? Does He approve of our wearing jewelry of any kind? Scripture does seem to go against it a time or two. (well, as soon as you questioned this within yourself as you read this you just became hellbound unless you drop each and every one of those things because now youre not doing them in faith). Remember the burden of PROOF does not lie on this guy to prove the lawfulness of anything, all he has to do is cause you to question and immediately you are going to hell unless you change the situation.

We could add about a million things to this list as Im sure that this membership is intelligent enough to figure out.

What is sad is that there are those among us who actually left their covenant spouses over these pathetic scare tactics because they werent studied enough to fight wolves like this off.

What this false teacher is saying is if he can cause you to question something, then it is automatically 'sin' and a sentence to eternal hell.

What he is saying is "if I cannot prove my views to you with scripture, I'll at least cause you to question, and when you do you are going to hell if you don't do what I tell you that God says to do".

Talk about wolves in sheeps clothing.
Talk about mind control.
Talk about taking a verse out of context and applying it to something it doesnt apply to.

I can only imagine the strong armed hold this man has over those who listen to his corrupt teachings.
It is just as we suspected. These doctrines use fear and distortions of Gods word to cause men to do what they wish them to do.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_MLH

Post by _MLH » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:12 am

Foc,

who are you speaking of?
Reason:

_MLH

Post by _MLH » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:20 am

OK, I see!

thanks
Reason:

_kaufmannphillips

reply to foc

Post by _kaufmannphillips » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:17 am

Hello!

Setting aside the particular matter of divorce and remarriage, you raise an interesting issue about how one should approach matters of doubtful character.

I do not think that it is helpful to frame the discussion in terms of whether a person will go to hell or not. The point of human salvation is not to avoid going to hell - it is to please God.

In seeking to please God, one should be willing to forgo matters of a doubtful nature. The rabbis might term such an approach "building a fence around the law"; perhaps the words of your rabbi would also apply, that the faithful should be "working out your salvation with fear and trembling ... that you may prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent - sons of God without reproach - in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, amongst whom you shine as lights in the world."

Food? Style? Employment? Entertainment? Why should these things not be subject to fearful review, all the more so since they are the idols of our culture - the false gods that demand our conformity to their standards?

Admittedly, some folks may be relationally abusive in their engagement of this issue - but that should not be a pretext for dismissing holy fear when it comes to our conduct. Perhaps you agree?

Shalom,
Emmet
Reason:

_Seth

Post by _Seth » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:43 pm

kaufmannphillips wrote:The point of human salvation is not to avoid going to hell - it is to please God.
Amen.
Reason:

Return to “Marriage & Divorce”