interracial marriage

_Anonymous

interracial marriage

Post by _Anonymous » Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:34 pm

Steve,

If two people love each other one being black other white, is there anything in the bible that would state how GOD feels about this?
Society places a negative on this!

thank you
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_Steve

Post by _Steve » Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:23 pm

The Bible does not say anything against interracial marriage. There is only one human race. If racial lines were moral barriers to marriage, then one would be forced to make arbitrary decisions as to what constitutes a "racial" difference. For example, would it be wrong for an Anglo-Saxon man to marry a Gremanic woman? A French man to marry an Italian woman? A Cherokee man to marry a Navajo woman? Where would the line be drawn...and why?

The Jews were told not to marry the Canaanites, but this expressed God's concern about inter-faith marriage, not inter-racial marriage. If a Canaanite (like Rahab) were to become an adherent to the Jewish religion, then there was nothing wrong with marrying across the racial lines (Rahab married a Jewish man, and she became an ancestress of Christ).

Though differences of race are not the same thing as differences of color, the latter are obviously more noticable, and there may be good reasons to think twice before marrying someone of a different color than yourself. This is not because it is morally or spiritually wrong, but because, in some cases, it can be socially scandalous, bringing embarrassment or persecution upon the couple and their children. This is part of the cost that someone should count before marriage in such a case.

Also, I think it not very wise to marry cross-culturally. Once again, this is not a moral question, but a logistical one. An American lady, known to me, married a man who was a Pacific Islander. When their first child was born, she discovered that it was the custom of his people to surrender the first child of the marriage for the paternal grandparents to raise. Needless to say, she was not at all willing to comply with this custom, though her husband was. This is a rather extreme case of cultural differences, but all cross-cultural marriages will face some difficulties that could be avoided by marrying within your culture. A Japanese leader in an international missions organization told me that he had seen, in his organization, very many cross-cultural marriages take place, and he had never seen one in which the cultural differences did not cause problems. This has more to do with wisdom than with right and wrong, and a marriage between two Americans can be just as cross-cultural, if the man and the woman come from extremely different family traditions.

The bottom line is that marriage across "racial" lines is nowhere forbidden in scripture, but, like all marriage, should only be considered and entered into after very sober consideration of many background factors.
Last edited by FAST WebCrawler [Crawler] on Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason:
In Jesus,
Steve

_Anonymous

interracial marriage

Post by _Anonymous » Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:59 am

I feel myself that interracial marriages are of the Lord. I am african american and I have been praying for a spouse for over five years. The Lord showed me my spouse and guess what? He is white and someone from my past that I never saw as a potiental mate. We both come from the same type of family backgrounds. We both are in ministry of music and youth. We both came into our personal relationships at the same age. We both matured spiritually at college. The only reason I knew this man was the right man is because the Lord gave me over 7 words of knowledge about my husband and a prophetic dream. God knows who is supposed to marry who. Just seek Him and not listen to other people who are not interracially married or have that type of family background.

By the way, I come from a family where I have 6 interracial brothers and sisters and 4 nieces who are interracial from my two older black siblings. In my family,it is not a very big deal. Most of my problems stem from christians who view dating interracially as a "sinner" thing..

You are very much right that people think that it is morally wrong. My own pastor refused to do a wedding of someone who was interracial in my church. This is after he claimed to be native american in his background.

The church world needs to wake up because interracial people are dying lost people most people don't want to minister to them or wish them well even if the Lord is the one making the union Himself. My friend's are praying for me to marry another man even though the Lord gave 7 words and it has been over a year since I told them. Please pray for this because this union with this man will affect my ministry to the Lord. God has told me my husband would mentor me. Well, this man is just that. God has sent me what I need and frankly what I want in a man. He is very loving and kind. God made me a promise that my husband would be loving and confirmed that in the mouth of two or three witness.

Angela
Reason:

_Anonymous

interracial marraige

Post by _Anonymous » Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:17 am

thank you for your response and not only are the whites upset about it but so are the blacks, it goes both directions..... How does the man feel
about marriage to you is he in agreement? Moses married an ethiopian!

Blessings to you!
Reason:

_loaves

Post by _loaves » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:42 pm

Acts 17:26 - "And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth"

I agree totally with Steve. Technically, there is no such thing interracial marriage, because there is no such thing as different "races." We are all "one blood." Amen?

Ken Ham has a book addressing this very topic: http://shop5.gospelcom.net/epages/AIGUS ... t/10-2-114

Agape,

loaves
Reason:

Return to “Marriage & Divorce”