Gay, Christian/Mormon and happily married for 10 years

mkprr

Gay, Christian/Mormon and happily married for 10 years

Post by mkprr » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:01 pm

Hey all, I know that the Mormon/LDS community has plenty of doctrinal differences we can focus on (I'll try to start posting again about those topics as time allows), but for a moment at least, I thought you might also be interested in what this Gay Mormon man and his wife (who is a woman) have to say about their wonderful marriage and interesting experience. It's helped me understand better the challenges of being gay and believing. The lessons here I think may transcend some of the theological differences that we normally have. They have a powerful message to share. Let me know what you think.

http://www.joshweed.com/2012/06/club-un ... ut-of.html

Apollos

Re: Gay, Christian/Mormon and happily married for 10 years

Post by Apollos » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:22 am

wow, what an amazing story! That man's courage is a model for others.

MMathis

Post by MMathis » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:10 am

Congrats on the 10 years.

I for one, am a Christian that believes gays are born gay and it is not just a decision. The only decision is whether to live the lifestyle or not. Most Christians refuse to believe that people are born gay, as that leads to benefit protection under law.

As for Morman doctrine, I know most Mormans raise good kids and live a pretty well rounded life. That has to be a good deal in God's eyes.
Last edited by MMathis on Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MMathis
Las Vegas NV

jriccitelli

Post by jriccitelli » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:57 am

Hello Mkp good to hear from you. I read most all of Weeds letter, this was 'really' well written, and a 'very' interesting perspective. (I read a lot of the comments too, and I am glad there were no 'stupid' remarks under comments).

I would conclude that Josh is not 'practicing' homosexuality - so that would make him nonhomosexual - in the same way that a heterosexual man does not act on his impulses to engage in adultery and un-matrimonious sex with women.
I think it absolutely true about the relationship of intimacy before sex, and the sexual fulfillment that is a result of real intimacy. I might point out though that it is true that 'many' heterosexual couples lose sexual attraction towards each other (after years of marriage) but have great sex because of the intimacy and trust they have built and protected.

Carrying out and participating in sin is a much greater sin than thinking it, and I trust Josh has a handle on his thought life too. As a hetrosexual man should not continue to entertain thoughts of other women (or robbing banks, and coveting wealth), so it is right that homosexuals rid their thoughts or desires for what God has outlined as clearly wrong.
(Whether a person is 'born' with the tendency is another thread)
So my question would be is; whether Josh condones homosexual 'behavior' or condemns it?

jriccitelli

Post by jriccitelli » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:03 am

[This was interesting because I had just posted yesterday on another blog a defense of Mitt Romney and his 'alleged' incident of cutting the hair of another school kid. I expect the race issue to come up a lot with Romney's LDS Church background (as Chris Rock already joked about). I am voting for Romney (despite my great concerns with the White Horse agenda), and yet it is interesting that one of my favorites - Herb Cain - had to back out because of adultery, a heterosexual sin]

HEB1125

Post by HEB1125 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:57 pm

Well I followed the link and the Weeds website makes no attempt to hide the fact that Josh is living as a gay man after getting divorced from Lolly in Jan 2018. He is flying a rainbow icon up top and the "About the Weed" page has this intro.

ABOUT THE WEED

Oh hi.
I am Josh Weed.
I’m a gay father of four who used to be married to a woman named Lolly, but now we just live together and have occasional cleaning-dance-parties in our living room as we raise our four daughters. Perhaps unexpectedly, this arrangement is pretty awesome. (Do we date other people? Yes. Do we come home from dates and hash out all the details of the new guy like two teenagers in a bad 80’s sitcom while eating Cheetos and ice cream? Obvs.)

I was so disheartened.

Return to “Marriage & Divorce”