Sin against the body

RomneyWordsworth

Re: Sin against the body

Post by RomneyWordsworth » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:22 am

Since this post seems to be presenting the case that biblical marriage is sex with a virgin or widow, and nobody else,
then one must also ask, according to the bible (not current culture or opinion), what is the age limit of a marriageable
virgin girl? I.E., at what age does she become marriageable, in the sight of God, and the bible?

Secondly, according to the bible, what is the age limit, or allowable age difference, for the man marrying her?

What does the bible say and allow, or forbid, concerning these two things?

Michelle

Post by Michelle » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:36 am

Hi Romney, I'm sure you are correct in your assessment of how women feel about their sins and forgiveness.
RomneyWordsworth wrote: I am glad to hear and rejoice that you have been saved and forgiven.
Thank you! I think sometimes I become complacent and take my salvation for granted. I was struck by your rejoicing, and it has renewed a sense of wonder about the awesomeness of Christ.
I wish I could ask more questions to get a woman's perspective... like, even though you're saved, forgiven, and washed clean, do you feel you could still give yourself to,
bond with, and love a man, with the same innocence, purity, and degree, to which you could when you were a physical virgin? Without feeling any longing, soul ties, or love, for past partners? Has Christ's blood, love, and forgiveness regenerated you to that degree?
Your questions presume a lot. My answer in short is: "Yes."

morbo3000

Post by morbo3000 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:55 pm

The misogyny on this thread is atrocious. Especially the recent exchanges with Michelle. I apologize on behalf of men.
When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.
JeffreyLong.net
Jesusna.me
@30thirteen

RomneyWordsworth

Post by RomneyWordsworth » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:38 pm

morbo3000 wrote:The misogyny on this thread is atrocious. Especially the recent exchanges with Michelle. I apologize on behalf of men.
None is intended, at least on my part. We are merely exploring what these certain scriptures that Roy brought up mean and what their practical application would be in real, modern life.

Since Michelle is a woman, I wanted her honest input and opinions, and she graciously gave them.

I did not gather from her response that she was offended or needed a defensive, apologetic intervention on her behalf, did you?

Without her input, half of the equation would be missing. What's misogynist is for all the 'men' on here to come to a conclusion excluding any honest input, opinion, or view of a woman, especially
on a subject which at it's core, has everything to do with women, as much as with men.

If people want to shut things down when the hard questions are asked, we never learn the answers.

Singalphile

Post by Singalphile » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:52 pm

RoyHobs wrote:
Singalphile wrote: those blog posts give off a bit of a bad vibe
Perhaps you could provide an example.
Sorry, RoyHobs. I think I will not be able to, time-wise (and will-wise).
... that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. John 5:23

Return to “Marriage & Divorce”