Duane Miller

Michelle

Duane Miller

Post by Michelle » Wed May 20, 2009 4:30 pm

I was prepared to roll my eyes and dismiss this, but it really moved me...

http://www.tangle.com/view_video.php?vi ... 773226e3b5

Paidion

Re: Duane Miller

Post by Paidion » Wed May 20, 2009 5:03 pm

Don't roll your eyes, OR dismiss this, Michelle. Several years ago, a Catholic disciple of Christ gave me an audio tape of Duane's talk. I can't prove anything, but somehow I perceive by the Spirit that it's genuine. I wonder if one could contact some of those witnesses of the event.

I don't know anything about the church at that website that presented Duane's talk and healing.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

Michelle

Post by Michelle » Wed May 20, 2009 5:22 pm

Paidion wrote:I can't prove anything, but somehow I perceive by the Spirit that it's genuine.
Yeah, me too, and that's unusual for me.

mattrose

Post by mattrose » Wed May 20, 2009 5:30 pm

Seems very legit to me. Sounded like a very humble man with good doctrine.

Allyn

Post by Allyn » Wed May 20, 2009 8:25 pm

I remember this from 1993. I was working on a fence job out in the country from from my town and I had focus on the family on the radio. Dobson played this audio then and it moved me so much. I honestly believe this is true. In fact I was telling my daughter about this healing and she was fasinated by it. My daughter has been witness to numerous direct answers to prayer in our family - a couple of which might blow your mind. Anyway she was inspired by this story and I have been thankful for this testimony of healing foe her young life.

Homer

Post by Homer » Wed May 20, 2009 9:33 pm

Very interesting! I have no doubt that God healed this man.Was it a miracle? Through divine providence? Who can say?

TK

Post by TK » Thu May 21, 2009 7:47 am

Homer, you wrote:
Was it a miracle? Through divine providence?
can you please expound on what you mean? it sounds as if you are saying that this may have just been a coincidence (i.e. that he got better while teaching on this passage of scripture) but I am not sure if this is what you mean. perhaps you are talking about a distinction w/o a difference.

the reason I am asking is that I suppose the same could be said for many of the miracles that Jesus and the apostles performed. E.g.-- the storm just happened to cease as Jesus said "Peace be still." that is obviously what a skeptic would say.

I think it would be a mistake to suggest that there is no actual power associated with Christianity.

TK

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Thu May 21, 2009 9:21 am

I'll let Homer reply, but I think what he may be saying is that we can't be sure how supernatural it was or how God intended this to be seen/used, but in any event it is the power of God seen in the healing. Perhaps, the timing of a natural healing was directed for this purpose, but I don't see him suggesting it was mere coincidence.

Homer

Post by Homer » Thu May 21, 2009 10:20 am

TK wrote,
can you please expound on what you mean? it sounds as if you are saying that this may have just been a coincidence (i.e. that he got better while teaching on this passage of scripture) but I am not sure if this is what you mean. perhaps you are talking about a distinction w/o a difference.

the reason I am asking is that I suppose the same could be said for many of the miracles that Jesus and the apostles performed. E.g.-- the storm just happened to cease as Jesus said "Peace be still." that is obviously what a skeptic would say.
No, not a coincidence. I believe God still intervenes miraculously. By a miracle, I mean something that occurs that is contrary to the laws of nature that God has established. Today, it is the habit of some to put ordinary occurances in the category of the miraculous. Ever heard that said of the birth of a child? Childbirth is an odd miracle, seeing that people have to take various preventive measures to keep it from routinely happening.

The point I was trying to make is that I believe God is pervasively involved in this life. His actions are usually hidden because He is able to bring about His desired results with no apparent interference in nature. Sometimes He overturns those natural laws and we see a miracle.

In the case of this man, I have no doubt he was healed by God. Did God suddenly "zap" his vocal cords? The man gave no indication that he felt anything. Did God direct the growth of nerves that took some time, and finally healed his voice during the talk he was giving? I don't think we can say.

I do believe God is far more powerful and involved than some Christians seem to think. Divine providence doesn't get much credit today. I have a problem in that I often do not sleep well. A good night's sleep is a blessing. I slept well last night, woke up and immediately thanked God. Why thank Him for the simple, ordinary seeming things, if He had nothing to do with it?

And yes, I think Jesus' miracles were just that.

TK

Post by TK » Thu May 21, 2009 11:05 am

thanks, Homer.

Return to “Prayer, Praise & Testimonies”