Desperate Prayer Need

Joan

Desperate Prayer Need

Post by Joan » Fri May 20, 2011 12:46 pm

Brethren, This is an urgent prayer request for my sister in law, Kat. She is Jewish by birth but became a Christian in the early 70's, partly as a result of abuse by my brother. She was instrumental in my becoming a Christian. A number of unwise decisions have since caused much loss in her life, and she has been in and out of pysch wards and on antidepressants for all these years. A few years ago, a careless psychiatrist prescribed a powerful medication that pushed her over the brink into insanity. The enemy has been wreaking havoc with Kathy's mind ever since, filling her with phrases like, "It's hopeless." "All is lost." "It's too late." and, "It's all my fault." She blames all the world evils on herself, from gas prices to persecution, to the fact that her daughter is living with a man out of wedlock. Lies from hell. Her husband called a few minutes ago, to put her on the phone with me. We talked a little, but she couldn't hear anything I said. Gray said he would help her call me again this afternoon. I thank God for Gray. He loves his wife and is standing close by her, but I'm afraid for Kathy, that the enemy is closing in for the kill. Please pray for her. And pray for me, that I will be filled with God's word for her, that the enemy will NOT be permitted to snatch it away or overshout it this time, and that Kathy's ears will be opened to hear. Shepherd, Your servant is cast down beyond all help but Yours. Only You can reach her. Find her, Lord. Drive away the evil one. Rescue her! Lift her, hold her, reassure and restore her as only You can do. To Your glory, O God, to Your glory. Amen.
Last edited by Joan on Fri May 20, 2011 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TK

Re: Desperate Prayer Need

Post by TK » Fri May 20, 2011 2:49 pm

Prayed.

TK

charleswest

Post by charleswest » Sat May 21, 2011 3:32 am

Joan wrote:Brethren, This is an urgent prayer request for my sister in law, Kat. She is Jewish by birth but became a Christian in the early 70's, partly as a result of abuse by my brother. She was instrumental in my becoming a Christian. A number of unwise decisions have since caused much loss in her life, and she has been in and out of pysch wards and on antidepressants for all these years. A few years ago, a careless psychiatrist prescribed a powerful medication that pushed her over the brink into insanity. The enemy has been wreaking havoc with Kathy's mind ever since, filling her with phrases like, "It's hopeless." "All is lost." "It's too late." and, "It's all my fault." She blames all the world evils on herself, from gas prices to persecution, to the fact that her daughter is living with a man out of wedlock. Lies from hell. Her husband called a few minutes ago, to put her on the phone with me. We talked a little, but she couldn't hear anything I said. Gray said he would help her call me again this afternoon. I thank God for Gray. He loves his wife and is standing close by her, but I'm afraid for Kathy, that the enemy is closing in for the kill. Please pray for her. And pray for me, that I will be filled with God's word for her, that the enemy will NOT be permitted to snatch it away or overshout it this time, and that Kathy's ears will be opened to hear. Shepherd, Your servant is cast down beyond all help but Yours. Only You can reach her. Find her, Lord. Drive away the evil one. Rescue her! Lift her, hold her, reassure and restore her as only You can do. To Your glory, O God, to Your glory. Amen.

"but I'm afraid for Kathy, that the enemy is closing in for the kill."

Oh yeah???!!!

The enemy will have to go through the Son first.

But, make sure that Husband and Wife are on the same sheet of music regarding submission to God, Husband to Jesus, Wife to Husband, one to another freely and without coercion.

cw
“I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views... ” Abraham Lincoln. Excerpt from a letter to Horace Greeley. 22 August 1862
= = = =
Be Blessed. We Are Loved...
cw

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Sat May 21, 2011 10:48 am

Joan, your account has deeply touched my heart. I am presently in a state of intercessory prayer and tears concerning the matter. Let's continually entreat the Father for the restoration of dear Kathy. I don't know what the final outcome will be, but I do know that the Father is well able to show her that her self-blame is the work of demons, and to give her strength, confidence, and courage to face life with joy again. May the enabling grace of God be with her, and with you also!
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

Joan

Post by Joan » Sat May 21, 2011 3:04 pm

This is a genuine case of lunacy, something I've always found easy to dismiss with a shrug and a wave of the hand. But NO! This is my dear friend and sister. I can't shrug her away. Suddenly through Kathy, my eyes are opened to the plight of all the others, caught in the fowler's snare. Father, release them. Send help!!

I spent a good part of yesterday evening with them over the phone, praying for direction as we talked. Psalm 91:1-6 came to mind, with a particular focus on verse 3. I asked Kathy to find a passage in her Bible that used to mean something to her, before she fell into despair. She read, "Surely He will deliver you from the snare of the fowler..." (Thank You, Lord...Confirmation.) Reading the first 6 verses aloud for me, Kathy's voice changed; she became noticeably calmer. Her husband, who was with her, observed this as well. We came up with a plan to replace the constantly running, dark demonic commentary in Kat's mind with the light of the living Word. Kathy agreed to start memorizing and meditating on one of these verses, running over the words again and again in her mind. The rest of the time, she agreed to listen to worship music. I'm sending my copy of last summer's NGCS Worship Night. It's filled with songs from the 70's, from when she first gave her life to Christ; a predominant number of these songs are taken straight from Scripture. If I can find my old CD's of Mike Kellogg reading the ESV, I'll send those too. Meanwhile, there are online sites with audio Bibles, free for the listening. My thought is that if she floods her mind with the light of the Word, Truth will supplant hellish lies.

Is there anything else I can do? Does anyone have experience with these kinds of things? Insight would be most welcome. I already made one big mistake in trying to calm Kat's financial concerns with assurances that included a dose of practicality - this sent her into paroxysms of panic, from which I could hardly draw her back to the calming light of Scripture. I'm in the unique position of being the one person Kathy will listen to - for now, at least. I don't want to make any deadful mistakes that do more harm than good. As soon as I'm able I plan to listen to Steve's teaching on the armour of God with an ear toward priciples we could apply. But mainly, I think prayer and fasting are the order of the day. I'm grateful to know that you are standing with me in prayer, Brothers. Thank you.

Suzana

Post by Suzana » Sat May 21, 2011 7:43 pm

Also praying, for the Lord's intervention with Kathy, and for strength and wisdom for her husband and yourself; and that you will not be overwhelmed but will continue to trust in God, who is powerful to save, and by His Spirit to supply what is needed hour by hour. May you be truly filled with His peace.
Suzana

charleswest

Post by charleswest » Sun May 22, 2011 12:00 pm

Joan,

I tried to send you a PM but they seem to sit in the outbox for a while.

Try sending an email directly if you want at <cjanitor9@gmail.com> for specific assistance.
“I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views... ” Abraham Lincoln. Excerpt from a letter to Horace Greeley. 22 August 1862
= = = =
cw

charleswest

Post by charleswest » Sun May 22, 2011 12:36 pm

These are some Scriptures that may help:

"Husbands Love Your Wives..."

(Jesus to the Seventy)
19Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. 20Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven.” Luke 10:19-20

“The head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God”
1Cor 11:3
“For this reason the woman ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels”
1Cor 11:10

Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
Eph 5:22-24

Wives, submit to your own husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.
Husbands, love your wives and do not be bitter toward them.
Col 3:18-19
= = = =
cw

charleswest

Post by charleswest » Mon May 23, 2011 12:24 am

Here are some more thoughts...

1. Are there any totem poles or Indian Reservations close by? May be a source of attack.

2. Jesus said "do not swear (make an oath)... but let your "yes" be "yes" and your "no" be "no". Anything more than this is from the evil one". Was there an oath sworn within the marriage vows (or the vows themselves) or any time later? This would be an open door for demons.

3. And finally, is the husband willing to"submit himself therefore unto God, resist the enemy", take the assaults on behalf of his wife, and wait until the enemy flees?
= = = =
cw

Joan

Post by Joan » Mon May 23, 2011 12:45 am

"God, powerful to save..." My spirit lifts at these words!
Charles, I just responded to your message.
Thank you all, for your prayer and support.
Bless you! Joan

Return to “Prayer, Praise & Testimonies”