Prayer Request for a troubled man

RICHinCHRIST

Prayer Request for a troubled man

Post by RICHinCHRIST » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:28 pm

I have an agnostic friend named Andrew (who was one of my best friends in high school.. but we have lost touch over time) who lost his mother in the 9/11 attacks. Ever since those days he has harbored bitterness against God for allowing such a thing to happen to his family. He spontaneously called me last night weeping and was asking if he could find comfort and peace in a relationship with God. We spoke for a long time and we are meeting together for lunch tomorrow. I'm very thankful for what I have learned in observing Steve's example on "The Road to Find Out" broadcast. I believe I was able to converse with him and get to the root of much of his incorrect thinking. He told me he has never heard such rational explanations for the existence of God before and that he is willing to research the claims of Christ more fully. I could tell that God is really drawing him. Unfortunately, he is afraid of repenting of his selfish lifestyle. He desires to remain in his sin but still have God. I've found that this is the biggest obstacle in most people's lives. They feel like they 'need' their sin or they won't be able to enjoy life or have freedom anymore. What a delusion! I know a bit of what Jesus felt like now when he spoke to the rich young ruler. There was nothing I could say to help him if he wasn't willing to repent...

Please pray for Andrew and our conversation tomorrow. Thank you in advance.

TK

Re: Prayer Request for a troubled man

Post by TK » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:11 am

Prayed.

It is tough for people to realize that their heart (and thus their interests) will change after conversion. It just has to be experienced. You can explain this all you want but you are right- they have to take the plunge.

TK

Return to “Prayer, Praise & Testimonies”