Request for Prayer

CThomas

Request for Prayer

Post by CThomas » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:00 pm

Hello, all. I've been a periodic commenter here. I was hoping some might be willing to extend prayers on behalf of me and my family following my diagnosis with cancer. I'm still not entirely sure quite how bad it is or what the prognosis is but the indications are that it may be fairly advanced. It's funny. On the one hand I'm a follower of Christ and I know what will happen to me when I die, so that is an enormous comfort. But the thought of my wife and especially my young kids growing up without me is exceptionally difficult for me. Probably premature to be dwelling on that, but I've been doing it anyway. (I'd also be lying if I told you that I had no apprehension about the suffering attendant to the disease and its treatment.) Anyway, thanks for your consideration and best regards.

CThomas

TheEditor

Re: Request for Prayer

Post by TheEditor » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:53 pm

Dear Brother,

I am sorry for your news. Any words that I could share would no doubt ring hollow. I can only imagine, and yet, I feel I can relate to how you view this in light of having a wife and children. This is likely the hardest part of anything like this. Is there some hope? I have known many people that have battled various types and have managed to go on for years; of course, the idea of pain is always hard to deal with. I can only point to the God of all comfort. I believe that if you pour your heart out to Him (sometimes hard for men to do) He will strengthen you.

Please let us know how things go from here.

Regards, Brenden.
[color=#0000FF][b]"It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery."[/b][/color]

Singalphile

Post by Singalphile » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:25 pm

CThomas wrote:I was hoping some might be willing to extend prayers on behalf of me and my family following my diagnosis with cancer.
Definitely. Thank you for posting your request. I'll pray for you and your family as often as I remember you, and I think that many others here will too.
... that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. John 5:23

CThomas

Post by CThomas » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:45 pm

Thanks very much, guys. I really appreciate it.

God bless, CThomas

CThomas

Post by CThomas » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:42 pm

I'm glad that this section of the message board includes "praise" as well as prayer, because I want to transition my request for prayer to a huge praise to God (and a thanks for those of you who have extended prayers on my behalf). I don't want to get ahead of myself as my condition still does entail real risk, but I now have confirmation that I have a different kind of cancer than the one with which I was originally diagnosed, and with much better odds. The old one would have entailed about 50/50 survival odds five years out, with a significantly lower chance 10 years out. The current diagnosis -- assuming it holds, but it sounds like they are fairly definitive -- is the "best" kind of thyroid cancer to have, which typically has survival odds in the high 90-percents. So despite some significant treatment hurdles coming my way, I am much more optimistic about my ultimate prospects here, and I have real confidence that your prayers were extremely influential in effecting my greatly improved prospects. Thanks and God bless.

Mike (a/k/a CThomas)

TheEditor

Post by TheEditor » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:25 pm

Great news Thomas! :D

Regards, Brenden.
[color=#0000FF][b]"It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery."[/b][/color]

Singalphile

Post by Singalphile » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:43 pm

CThomas wrote:So despite some significant treatment hurdles coming my way, I am much more optimistic about my ultimate prospects here, and I have real confidence that your prayers were extremely influential in effecting my greatly improved prospects. Thanks and God bless.
TheEditor wrote:Great news Thomas!
Yeah it is! Woo hoo!! ( ... but I'll still be saying little prayers for "CThomas and family" when I think to.) :)
Last edited by Singalphile on Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
... that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. John 5:23

CThomas

Post by CThomas » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:24 pm

Thanks again, guys. And I'll still be saying prayers for others here who reported health difficulties in their families.

robbyyoung

Post by robbyyoung » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:55 pm

Hey Brother, my prayers will be with you and your family.

Return to “Prayer, Praise & Testimonies”