Prayer request

steve

Re: Prayer request

Post by steve » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:48 am

Brenden,

I can only imagine what it would be like to have my wife in such pain. She does experience chronic pain, but apparently not as excruciating as your wife's. It is frustrating enough, as it is, knowing I can't do anything to relieve her pain. If she was in as much pain as your wife seems to be, I think I would go crazy. You are also in my prayers.

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:00 am

Through three births and a ruptured ulcer, she says this is the worse pain yet. I'm with her now, and it's all I can do.

So sorry, yes will pray for her today.

TheEditor

Post by TheEditor » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:20 pm

I tried posting earlier, so please excuse if it double posts.

Thank you all for you thoughts and prayers. She developed cellulitis over the site of the swelling and so they are treating her for an infection, but this doesn't really explain the swelling. By the way, Homer, her ANA is elevated, so that is something that will need to be looked into. The pain remains the same and I have spent the last 3 days at her bedside. Last night I said to her, "Well, we've been through sicker and poorer, when does healthier and richer start?" I got a smile. :) Our daughter has lived up to her name (Grace) and been very helpful and supportive. With the two boys I don't know how I would have managed.

Thank you all again.

Regards, Brenden.
[color=#0000FF][b]"It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery."[/b][/color]

Homer

Post by Homer » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:21 pm

Thanks for the update Brenden. Still praying for her.

Hope she is out of this and healthy soon.

TheEditor

Post by TheEditor » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:28 am

Greetings all,

I thought I would post an update. My wife was discharged from the hospital after an 8 day stay. There is still no diagnosis, but the pain abated enough for her to be released. Her white count continues to be high, and they discovered a 3 cm. nodule on her thyroid gland that needs biopsy. Other than that, she is holding up okay. In some ways it has been harder on the rest of us simply because we have taken her input into the family unit for granted. A oft repeated error on the part of many families I am sure.

I want to thank all of you for your prayers and well wishes. I wish that I were able to have personal fellowship with you, but at least in this day and age, we can get to "know" one another after a fashion.

Regards, Brenden.
[color=#0000FF][b]"It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery."[/b][/color]

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:40 pm

We have been praying also, Brenden.

Has Jessica's blood been examined by a powerful microscope? My first wife and I had ours examined. Her white cell count was high, and the size of her white cells was about ten times as large as mine. Mine were moving about seeking bacteria to devour. Hers just sat there doing nothing. She had auto-immunity, a system of immune responses of an organism against its own cells and tissues. She also had a rare disease known as Sjorgren's Syndrome.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:26 am

Just seeing this. You are both in my prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheEditor

Post by TheEditor » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:32 am

Thank you both.

She did test positive on the ANA test Paidion. She now needs to see a rheumatologist. I am sorry that your wife has had to deal with this. It is very bizarre how some of these things manifest themselves.

Regards, Brenden.

Homer

Post by Homer » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:29 pm

Hi Brenden,

LOML has had RA for years and she was in misery until she got help. She now has little problem with it; she has been on methotrexate and Ibuprofen a long time. Hopefully (and prayerfully) this will be controlled soon.

Blessings to you both,
Homer

TheEditor

Post by TheEditor » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:08 am

Homer and Paidion,

Homer, I assume the LOML must be a reference to your wife? But unfortunately, I am not hip with the interweb lingo.... :lol:. But there is definitely an inflammatory process going on with my wife.

Paidion, you were a math teacher correct? Here is my question with an introductory statement. After years of mystery symptoms, up to and including a crippling depression, I finally was able to direct my doctors to run certain tests, and ended up being correct in my hunch. I had something called hyperparathyroidism. In short, the 4 glands "para" to the thyroid gland, act as a thermostat to control calcium levels. Typically, with this condition, one of them becomes a benign adenoma and continues to falsely tell the body that it needs calcium, triggering a release from the bone's storage of it. The only option is surgery. I had the 4 gland hyperplasia variety, which means that all 4 glands remained normal, but were engorged and overactive. Again, surgery was the only option. Now, here is my math question: The odds of my getting this condition are less than 1 in 1,000. Actually, the variety I had is more like 1 in 2,000. My wife, in addition to some other problem yet to be determined, has now tested positive for classic hyperparathyroidism, the odds of which are maybe 1 in 500. What then are the odds of 2 people living in the same home coming down with the same condition given the infrequency of said condition?

Regards, Brenden.

Return to “Prayer, Praise & Testimonies”