Missionary Support

Singalphile

Missionary Support

Post by Singalphile » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:15 pm

Does anyone know of a good missionary agency or perhaps individual missionaries that you can recommend? There are more than a few, but I want to get the most bang for the buck, so to speak. The ones I seem drawn to always make it difficult to send money to them. Sometimes they just request that money be sent to the individual missionaries, but of course I don't know them.

I'm not particular about specific countries, but of course I'm especially eager to see the gospel message spread in the very low Christian population areas (by %), which seem to be the Muslim countries and far east Asian countries:

Please let me know, if you can. Thank you!

P.S. You know that there are two recognized countries in the world whose populations are said to be 100% Christian! (*)
... that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. John 5:23

Michelle

Re: Missionary Support

Post by Michelle » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:33 pm

Hi Singalphile,

I don't have a rousing endorsement for you. My cousin was a missionary in Kenya through SIM, and we found them to be fair and well organized, but I've never actually investigated them. I worship with a CMA congregation, and this denomination as a whole is very missions minded. So...there you go.

I wanted to chime in because this little tidbit caught my eye:
P.S. You know that there are two recognized countries in the world whose populations are said to be 100% Christian! (*)
I guessed one right off the bat, but the other one....WOW, I would never have guessed!

mattrose

Post by mattrose » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:09 pm

I know a young woman who previously did ministry to Muslim women in the middle east (she wasn't allowed to tell us exactly where she was, but she kept us very up to date on her ministry). She finished her time there, came home, got married... and now her and her husband are going BACK to the Muslim world as a ministry team.

I know this young woman personally (though I am only going to get to know her husband this summer a bit). I know she has a heart for the LORD, has put in the work of learning the language, and has seen fruit in her ministry.

If you'd like more info, send me a private message. If not, no hard feelings, haha!

Singalphile

Post by Singalphile » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:48 am

Very good. Thank you both, and thanks in advance to any other suggestions.
... that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. John 5:23

Return to “Giving/Tithing/Stewardship”