Tithing

NORTH

Post by NORTH » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:28 pm

Last edited by NORTH on Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TK

Re: Tithing

Post by TK » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:40 am

nah, north. we are simply discussing an important topic. i dont think yopu are telling us to get puclic recognition. mainly because i dont know you.

TK

livingink

Post by livingink » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:39 pm

I noticed the conversation stopped so I might divert the thread a little. We often think of Christians tithing as being legalistic if they believe they only have to give 10%. We generally agree it is 100% the property of God but entrusted to us as stewards. I'm more interested in asking what you, as stewards, do with what has been allotted to you? Over the years, how have you used your money, property, possessions to help others? Have you found advantages to either immediately disposing of your possessions or keeping a stock of possessions from which you can draw to serve several needs at one time? However you want to answer.

thanks,

livingink

Joshua

Post by Joshua » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:04 am

living ink wrote:I'm more interested in asking what you, as stewards, do with what has been allotted to you? Over the years, how have you used your money, property, possessions to help others?
I find that I could be a much better steward of what God has given me. We (my wife and I) have often faced to issue of giving to those in need. Usually family or friends in financially hard times. We almost always give as much as we can. Sometimes it's very difficult to write that check to someone, other times its the easiest most natural thing to do and we'll give and be so full of joy we just want to keep giving.
The Christian Life is about relationships, not performance.

livingink

Post by livingink » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:44 pm

Hello Joshua,

Yes, that's been our experience this year. As we move further away from selfishness toward a real viewpoint of thinking how God would have us use our resources we find people that we can help on a one-to-one basis. At least in our case, I can think of advantages to not immediately jetisoning resources just because you have more than you need. In time, God will find someone for you to help but it is in his time.

livingink

Return to “Giving/Tithing/Stewardship”