"Gangsters" and "Hoods"

Jason

Re: "Gangsters" and "Hoods"

Post by Jason » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:07 am

Remember the words of our Lord in John 16:33: "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

The trouble Jesus was talking about included persecution, torture, rejection and martyrdom for those disciples listening to him on that occasion. If the Chinese man you're referring to is Brother Yun then remember the miraculous ways in which God freed him from his captors and even sustained him during a long fast. Jesus promised that troubles would come but he also promised his peace. Christ himself suffered for the joy set before him so we ought to take on the same mind so we look beyond our troubles to the eternal peace that lay ahead.

As far as gangs, I believe it's the same as anything else in a fallen world - it's a heart issue. If a gang banger comes to know the Lord then he/she will forsake that lifestyle to grasp hold of life. If we want to rid the world of gangs it's going to happen one person at a time, one heart at a time. Not to sound overly sentimental but this is what I think is true. You mentioned corporate prayer and that's a good way to soften people to the gospel so the Holy Spirit can do His work.

Return to “Missions & Evangelism”