Presenting the Gospel

nancyer

Re: Presenting the Gospel

Post by nancyer » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:48 pm

mattrose wrote:For an example of the former, the other day I shared the Gospel in a surprising new way (surprising in the sense that I didn't prepare to share it that way and have never actually thought of it that way before!). I was using the metaphor of different 'paths' that we may be on in life. I said that ALL paths are dead ends (we all die). The difference is that there is 1 path that continues on the other side of the dead end... and that is because Jesus walked that path, died, and rose again. We can follow him on that path instead of getting stuck on all the other paths. Sort of a strange illustration, but it came to me in the moment and it seemed to have some affect.

As an example of the latter, the other day I shared the Gospel with a group of teens by saying there are tons and tons of 'kingdoms' in this world since a kingdom is, essentially, just a group of people devoted to some sovereign ruler. I said there is a 'kingdom of money' where money is the thing bowed to. There is a 'kingdom of popularity' where everything lives to be liked. But all but 1 of these kingdoms fall apart in the end. There is only 1 kingdom that will go on forever b/c it is not based on a concept, but a real being.

Come to think of it, I shared the Gospel a similar way to some kids this Sunday in Jr. church class. I was given the assignment to teach them that 'God never changes.' I shared about how forms of communication have changed a ton in my relatively short lifespan. I shared about all the different 'best friends' I've had in my 32 years. I shared about our church building and all the modifications its been through in less than 150 years. At the end of each point I said "everything changes." But as a final point I said there is 1 exception. God's love for them does not change. God's desire to relate to them does not change. God's faithfulness does not change. I did sense the Spirit speaking through that lesson to those 4-6 graders.
I wanted to thank you for this. I especially like your Pathes analogy. Gives a great visual as well as verbal explanation. I have only recently returned to this site and and am finding great wisom in your posts, Mattrose. Thank you so very much.

mattrose

Re: Presenting the Gospel

Post by mattrose » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:57 pm

nancyer wrote:I wanted to thank you for this. I especially like your Pathes analogy. Gives a great visual as well as verbal explanation. I have only recently returned to this site and and am finding great wisom in your posts, Mattrose. Thank you so very much.
Thanks so much for the encouragement :)

Return to “Missions & Evangelism”