GEORGE'S GEMS

Jepne

Re: GEORGE'S GEMS

Post by Jepne » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:25 pm

Hi Homer:
They make more of the Bible than of God, and so fail to find the truth of the Bible, and accept things concerning God which are not in the Bible, and are the greatest of insults to Him!

I thought the issue concerned things that are in the bible which are claimed to be false. Joshua's conquests, God sending the flood, God striking down Herod, etc., etc., are in all the several translations I possess. What translation did MacDonald read?

When the Bible says that one should pluck out his eye, I would hope that he would ask himself if this is consistent with God's character, and ask the Spirit to show him what our Lord meant by this statement.
"Anything you think you know about God that you can't find in the person of Jesus, you have reason to question.” - anonymous

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:32 pm

Here is one that I use:

If you want to use it, just reverse click on the image and choose "copy image location." Then insert the copied link into your post.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

Jepne

Post by Jepne » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:16 pm

Copy image location and click on 'Img' at the top of your post. Then paste between the brackets.

Like!!!
"Anything you think you know about God that you can't find in the person of Jesus, you have reason to question.” - anonymous

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:00 pm

From GMD's novel "Donal Grant":
To have what we want is riches, but to be able to do without is power.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:56 pm

We often think we believe what we are only presenting to our imaginations. The least thing can overthrow that kind of faith.
Paidion

psimmond

Post by psimmond » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:05 pm

Homer wrote: I thought the issue concerned things that are in the bible which are claimed to be false. Joshua's conquests, God sending the flood, God striking down Herod, etc., etc., are in all the several translations I possess. What translation did MacDonald read?
Nice comment. I'd use Paidion's thumb's up, but I'm too lazy. :D

MacDonald was a Progressive before Progressive Christianity was cool. :D

If MacDonald were alive today, I suspect he would like the movie The Shack.
Let me boldly state the obvious. If you are not sure whether you heard directly from God, you didn’t.
~Garry Friesen

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:45 pm

Donal Grant, speaking to a Christian minister:

“I fell asleep once on the top of Glashgar; when I woke the sun was looking over the edge of the horizon. I rose and gazed about me as if I were but that moment created. If God had called me, I should hardly have been astonished.”

“Or frightened?” asked the minister.

“No, sir; why should a man fear the presence of his saviour?”

“You said God!” answered the minister.

“God is my saviour! Into his presence it is my desire to come.”

“Under the shelter of the atonement,” supplemented the minister.

“If you mean by that, sir,” cried Donal, “anything to come between my God and me, I'll have none of it. I'll have nothing hide me from him who made me! I would not hide a thought from him. The worse it is, the more he needs to see it.”
Paidion

psimmond

Post by psimmond » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:49 pm

Let me boldly state the obvious. If you are not sure whether you heard directly from God, you didn’t.
~Garry Friesen

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:10 pm

Paidion

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:12 pm

Paidion

Return to “Teaching/Preaching”