Words from Josiah

Homer

Words from Josiah

Post by Homer » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:56 pm

One of the children of a wonderful Christian family we know is little six year old Josiah. Recently Josiah confided to his mom that he didn't think he would go to heaven. When his mom asked why, Josiah said; "You are supposed to love God above everything, and sometimes I think of myself!" :D

Suzana

Re: Words from Josiah

Post by Suzana » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:03 am

It’s interesting, how children sometimes misconstrue things (not commenting on the above example, which may rather fit into the “out of the mouth of babes...” category).

I remember when I was little and questioned about some childish sin, my father urged me to tell the truth & own up to it, quoting that scripture about the devil being the father of lies, and did I want to have the devil as my father?
I misunderstood, and thought it meant that I would be responsible for my own dad being turned into the devil; horrified, I promptly confessed everything!
Suzana

Paidion

Re: Words from Josiah

Post by Paidion » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:02 am

One of the children of a wonderful Christian family we know is little six year old Josiah. Recently Josiah confided to his mom that he didn't think he would go to heaven. When his mom asked why, Josiah said; "You are supposed to love God above everything, and sometimes I think of myself!"
Interestingly, when I was six, I also said to my mother that I didn't think I'd get to heaven.

In response, Mom asked, "Do you love Jesus?"

I replied, "Yes."

Mom: "You'll get there."
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

Return to “Worship”