Giant Mystery Blob Discovered near Dawn of Time

TK

Giant Mystery Blob Discovered near Dawn of Time

Post by TK » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:14 am

this one is only 12.9 billion light years away...

Mystery Blob

TK

Paidion

Re: Giant Mystery Blob Discovered near Dawn of Time

Post by Paidion » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:10 am

Maybe "the blob" was the universe shortly after "The Big Bang" explosion, and its light has just arrived to us now! :roll:

Personally, I don't believe there was a 12.9 billion years ago. This dating is all based on Einstein's theory --- which, in my opinion, does not deal with space and time at all, but deals with the behaviour of light.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

TK

Post by TK » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:25 pm

Paidion wrote:
Personally, I don't believe there was a 12.9 billion years ago.

do you mean you dont believe the universe is that old or that "time" hadn't yet "began" 12.9 billions years ago, or both?

I think your answer will be "both" if I remember correctly.

TK

Murf

Post by Murf » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:49 pm

I vote for both, personally.

TK

Post by TK » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:54 pm

murf-

do you believe the object is really 12.9 billion light years away?

I guess a problem i have with young universe scenarios is that it would seem that the stars we see could not be more than 15,000 or so light years away (assuming universe is 15,000 years old) assuming no strange speed of light theories. that is exceedingly close distance in astronomical terms. 99.999% of the universe is likely further away than that.

TK

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:52 pm

I don't understand these big bang "discoveries." I understand seeing something that was "thrown off" from the big bang as it progresses "outward" from the expansion, but seeing something as a blob or whatever that approaches the "singularity" as somehow the early "stages" of what "became" our universe doesn't seem rational. I mean, wouldn't we see signs of the boundaries of something like that in every direction, and not as a discrete object looking only in one direction? How is it that we would see it from a perspective "outside" the event? If a "cloud" was the beginnings of the universe, the "stuff" that became our planet/us would be within that cloud, and as everything expanded we would presumably stay within those boundaries.

TK

Post by TK » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:07 pm

good question darin. how do they know the hubble telescope is pointed at the "origin" point? my mind is too small to understand such matters, heck i can just barely begin to comprehend the distances they are talking about.

I would highly recommend Rob Bell's DVD "everything's spirituaL." He discusses the wonders of creation; he also talks about how small things are- like how they found out that atoms were made out of quarks, then found out that quarks were made out of smaller stuff, and so on and so on and now they think that there may be no end to how small things can get.
one thing he said that was very interesting is that if you take the very smallest thing that has been measured and the very largest thing, and find the exact middle, it's about the height of a person.

TK

Murf

Post by Murf » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:15 pm

TK wrote:murf-

do you believe the object is really 12.9 billion light years away?

TK
I must have misunderstood your original question.

I don't beleive the earth is 12.9 billion years old.
and
I don't believe time (at least for man) had begun 12.9 billion years ago.

I do belive the picture was too blob-like to even determine what it was.
tim

Allyn

Post by Allyn » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:53 am

I don't understand the science, but it has been figured that time as we see it is different from time seen from its source. In otherwords it may look to us as though something is x billion light years away but from the actual point where the so called big bang took place only a few thousand years have passed.

TK

Post by TK » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:08 pm

well, they just found something even FURTHER away:

Space Explosion is the Farthest Thing Ever Seen

TK

Return to “Creation/Evolution”