Gratitude for existing at all

Ian

Gratitude for existing at all

Post by Ian » Fri May 17, 2013 2:35 am

This is not a question, but just something I observed today in my school bus.

I like to think of myself as (usually) quite a considerate driver, letting people out of side streets a lot, when there`s no one behind to get annoyed by the few seconds delay. I try not to look for an acknowledgement by the driver I`ve let into the main road in front of me, but it`s human nature I suppose to notice whether or not they do acknowledge the small favour.
Most do, with the wave of a hand, but some don`t. This morning I was irritated by someone who didn`t. And then the thought flashed across my mind,

"That`s a little taste of how I feel towards the vast majority of Mankind, Ian. I created them but they do not acknowledge Me":
"Is he not your father, who created you, who made you and established you?"
Deuteronomy 32 v 6

I`ll try to remember this little event. Maybe typing this little post will help me to remember.

Michelle

Re: Gratitude for existing at all

Post by Michelle » Fri May 17, 2013 7:47 am

Ian wrote:This morning I was irritated by someone who didn`t. And then the thought flashed across my mind,

"That`s a little taste of how I feel towards the vast majority of Mankind, Ian. I created them but they do not acknowledge Me":
Hi Ian,

It is so true, isn't it, that the vast majority of mankind fails acknowledge God. When you got this impression from the Lord, did He really say that He is irritated with almost everyone?

jarrod

Post by jarrod » Fri May 17, 2013 8:44 am

Thanks for sharing your revelation. This made me think of Hosea's struggle with Gomer to depict not just Israel's lack of acknowledgement, but adultery against the Lord.

Whenever someone cuts in front of me and I don't get a wave, the Lord always seems to remind me of the times I haven't given the courtesy to others in the past.

Jarrod

Ian

Post by Ian » Fri May 17, 2013 10:41 am

It is so true, isn't it, that the vast majority of mankind fails acknowledge God. When you got this impression from the Lord, did He really say that He is irritated with almost everyone?
I`d love to have the spiritual atunement to God to answer that yey or ney, Michelle, but don`t think I do (yet).

Michelle

Post by Michelle » Sun May 19, 2013 9:28 am

Hi Ian,

I was needling you because you said that your thought included "that's a little taste of how I feel towards the vast majority of Mankind..." after you spoke about your own irritation.

God does deserve the worship of everything since he is the creator of all things; however, mankind has a nasty habit of worshipping everything else, including ourselves.

And God's response? Love. "For God so loved the world that gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." "... but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

I suppose...well I KNOW it is possible to be irritated with those we love, in fact, it is more likely that we'll be irritated with those closest to us. But the most amazing fact I know is this: that God loves us first and sent his son, Jesus, to die for us while we were still in our sins.

I just wanted have that out there...

Ian

Post by Ian » Sun May 19, 2013 1:09 pm

Hi Michelle,

I didn`t feel at all needled.

I read you instead as looking for some kind of reassurance that God is not actually irritated with Mankind - the kind of reassurance that a Christian Universalist might seek, though I didn`t know you to necessarily be one.

Singalphile

Post by Singalphile » Sun May 19, 2013 1:48 pm

Ian wrote:
This is not a question, but just something I observed today in my school bus. I like to think of myself as (usually) quite a considerate driver, ....
Driving a school bus! I do bet that God has used that to help make you an exceptionally patient driver/person by now. :)
... that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. John 5:23

Return to “Creation/Evolution”